Worst customer services from Nrg and incorrect bill

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiu100ca

Does anyone have experience like I did. I received a bill from Nrg saying I charged at a fast charger for 70 minutes which is impossible. The free EvGo program from Nissan only allows me to charge for 30 min. (Time counts down from beginning) how could I charge consecutively for 70 min non-stop? And I never use a charging station for parking, I know people are waiting in line to get charge. When questioned with Nrg customer service all they can see is the amount I owed. They can not provide any other detail info regarding to the charge. They said billing department will be in contact with me and I never got it.
My credit card on file was expired and they couldn't take money from it. They just suspended my account without any reminder email and now I have to pay $8 for stop of service!
If anyone experience the same over charge or wrong charge like I did, we should make a complain to BBB or something. Luckily there are a few free charging station I can use. I am not paying Nrg for their untruthful business conduct.

chiu100ca said:
Does anyone have experience like I did. I received a bill from Nrg saying I charged at a fast charger for 70 minutes which is impossible. The free EvGo program from Nissan only allows me to charge for 30 min. (Time counts down from beginning) how could I charge consecutively for 70 min non-stop? And I never use a charging station for parking, I know people are waiting in line to get charge. When questioned with Nrg customer service all they can see is the amount I owed. They can not provide any other detail info regarding to the charge. They said billing department will be in contact with me and I never got it.
My credit card on file was expired and they couldn't take money from it. They just suspended my account without any reminder email and now I have to pay $8 for stop of service!
If anyone experience the same over charge or wrong charge like I did, we should make a complain to BBB or something. Luckily there are a few free charging station I can use. I am not paying Nrg for their untruthful business conduct.

There is another thread earlier entitled: "$450 bill from NRG / eVgo" that can provide you with other users experience. You are not alone in having issues with NRG/eVgo. Maybe your approach with contacting BBB will be helpful, but I am not holding my breath.

linkim said:
There is another thread earlier entitled: "$450 bill from NRG / eVgo" that can provide you with other users experience. You are not alone in having issues with NRG/eVgo.
Yep: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19528" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Ridiculous. They had been get their act together. I'm glad (?) I'm not a customer of theirs yet...

I have not had issues contacting eVgo Customer Service, but there are issues getting anything fixed in a timely manner. Today I received a new eVgo charging card. It was for use of the Chadamo-SAE Combo QC. I tried to use the Chadamo side of the QC, and my eVgo card did not work. The SAE combo worked for a Spark driver who arrived after I did. So I was surprised when I received the new card, even though I did not request it. I had to call in to have the new card activated, which was started quickly - the good news. The bad news is the service rep could not complete the activation process, which required a written work ticket send to some office. Unfortunately that office is closed on the weekend, and Monday a holiday. So I can't use the eVgo chargers until complete activation, which may not happen until Tuesday at the earliest. Why can't the process be completed by Customer Services on the weekend? Oh I forgot, I'm talking to eVgo.

So I just experienced a new billing issue with eVgo on my 5/13/15 statement. I did 2 DCFC in the last month, for a total of 52 min, or $5.20 @ $0.10/min. I did an L2 with a charge time and bill time of 59 min, which is noted on the statement. So for 1 hr L2, my cost should be $1 @ $1/hr. My total usage cost should be $6.20. However, eVgo added the total charge time [52 + 59 = 111 min] and billed me at @ $0.10/min or $11.10. In this day of computers and software programs, why did they make such a mistake? I called eVgo’s Customer Service but they cannot fix the error over the phone. They need a few days to study the error. I have no problem with the reliability of their chargers, but their accounting/billing department, as well as their website, needs a complete overhaul.

TonyWilliams said:
ishiyakazuo said:
And it's things like this that make me glad I can get by almost all the time with the L2 EVSE at my house, and just use my ICE when I can't.
I'm glad I don't have an ICE to worry about.
And if that works for you, that's cool. I'm just saying that this is one of the reasons why Tesla's Supercharger network is a great thing (no billing issues), and one of the major hurdles the other EV manufacturers need to overcome.

Back