Volts per Cell at 80% charge level?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summetj

I have read that at 100% charged each cell gets to around 4.1 volts. I as wondering what the volts per cell gets to when you set the car to only charge to 80%?

Thanks,
Jay

Maybe a more general and useful, if not implied, question would be, "Is there a publicly accessible Volts-per-cell vs. Percent-charged graph or worksheet somewhere?" Surely someone has made such a thing using Leafspy...

I'm not sure what I'd use one for, however -- beyond just comparing my own values from Leafspy to it! Is there any practical need or use for such a chart?

Bonus question(s): I bought some lithium AAA batteries but I think they are only around 1.2V fully charged. What gives? Aren't AA and AAA batteries supposed to be 1.5V? Will remotes that required 4 of them work in place of 4 alkaline? Are the batteries (AA or AAA) in gadgets that use four in series, parallel, or both?

Stoaty said:
I believe it is about 4.05 volts.
More like 4.02V. Typical pack voltage on a 80% charge at rest is usually 386V, so sometimes it'll get up to 386.5-387V, which would be 4.03V.

mbender said:
Maybe a more general and useful, if not implied, question would be, "Is there a publicly accessible Volts-per-cell vs. Percent-charged graph or worksheet somewhere?" Surely someone has made such a thing using Leafspy...
Yeah, I have one, but not totally refined. The bumps could be smoothed out, but this also shows that there's potentially some inconsistency in the readings since these were taken over multiple charges.

mbender said:
I'm not sure what I'd use one for, however -- beyond just comparing my own values from Leafspy to it! Is there any practical need or use for such a chart?
Just another way to confirm SOC%.

mbender said:
Bonus question(s): I bought some lithium AAA batteries but I think they are only around 1.2V fully charged. What gives? Aren't AA and AAA batteries supposed to be 1.5V? Will remotes that required 4 of them work in place of 4 alkaline? Are the batteries (AA or AAA) in gadgets that use four in series, parallel, or both?
You'll usually see 1.3V in a NiMh or NiCd rechargeable. Yes, it'll work fine in your remote, your typical remote will usually function until the cells go under 1.0V at which point there isn't much juice left.

Back