Battery Check results

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlatl

I just had my first annual battery test done and was wondering what the dealer is supposed to give you for results.

I have seen references to test results that talk about details - how many times it was quick charged, percentage of battery life left, etc. My dealer just handed me a sheet that had 4 categories and just said the score was very good, no numbers
(frequent use of quick charging, frequent charging when battery state is already high, to much electric consumption while driving, long term parking with high state of charge).

It also has a picture of the GOM with the number 82. Don't know if this is just a pic for representation or if it means anything. (I get all my bars when fully charged)

Should I be able to get something more than this?

jlatl said:
...It also has a picture of the GOM with the number 82. Don't know if this is just a pic for representation or if it means anything. (I get all my bars when fully charged)...
My report also had the picture with GOM of 82. It is just a canned picture for the reports and has nothing to do with the car being tested, so far as I can tell. My (third) report also showed 12 bars, displayed horizontally, that I presume means that I haven't lost a battery capacity bar yet.

When I picked up my Leaf after the 3rd test on Monday, the Service Manager handed me the paperwork and said "all 5 stars, all good", to which I replied "Yeah, but you notice that I am now down 2 Bars". As he walked away, his response was "yep, that's normal wear". :roll: I felt like replying "yes, normal wear after maybe 6 or 7 years, but its only 3 in south Florida", but I left it alone. You can tell that Nissan keeps their own people totally in the dark about the battery capacity issues in hot climates.
Earlier however, while I was waiting for the car, they sent in girl who called herself their new "VIP Liaison", or something like that, who she says is in charge of trying to improve the customer relationship. I gave her an earful. :lol:

keydiver said:
When I picked up my Leaf after the 3rd test on Monday, the Service Manager handed me the paperwork and said "all 5 stars, all good", to which I replied "Yeah, but you notice that I am now down 2 Bars". As he walked away, his response was "yep, that's normal wear". :roll: I felt like replying "yes, normal wear after maybe 6 or 7 years, but its only 3 in south Florida", but I left it alone. You can tell that Nissan keeps their own people totally in the dark about the battery capacity issues in hot climates.
Earlier however, while I was waiting for the car, they sent in girl who called herself their new "VIP Liaison", or something like that, who she says is in charge of trying to improve the customer relationship. I gave her an earful. :lol:

What bothered me is that when I asked the service manager what this means he had no real idea. When I asked about the icon with 82 he said maybe it was the current charge on the battery (of course it wasn't).

Come on, really, the service people don't know anything?

What is the DD that people reference when they give statistics (do I have that right)?

jlatl said:
What is the DD that people reference when they give statistics (do I have that right)?

LeafDD, I use one myself and from it I use GID's info to get around, read about it here.. GregH no longer make them but from time to time people do sell them here.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=12561&hilit=LeafDD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fred

Back