Trouble with EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickdearing88

Hello everyone. I recently purchased an off-grid solar kit, with hopes to use it to assist in charging my Leaf via the factory EVSE Level 1 charger. My system includes solar panels, charge controller, 12v lithium batteries, and a 5000/2500 watt pure sine wave inverter. Since the ESVE draws about 12 amps at 120 volts, about 1450 watts, I should have no issues charing via my inverter. I figured since it produced a pure sine wave, it would work fine.

It does not. When I plug in the EVSE directly to the inverter, the ready light flashes on the EVSE. As soon as I plug back into my house outlet, the EVSE works fine. The inverter seems to run everything else without a problem. Any ideas how to remedy this situation?

Thank you.

Could be a neutral/ground bonding issue. Could make a bonding plug to test.
My LEAF charged fine on my Prosine 1800 but inverter would get too hot due to install conditions.
I have charged my RAV4 using my 2000w Go Power inverter for an extended period, no issues.
Both bricks had been upgraded if that matters.
Just saying that inverters do work. Maybe post your inverter make and model.

Does other stuff work on the inverter? Try a hair dryer on high.

AlanSqB said:
I don't know how to link to individual posts, but on page 4 of that thread Ingeneer has a solution that might work.
I think this is the point about installing two half watt 100,000 ohm resisters.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5792&start=30#p182547" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you copy the link at the top of the individual posting, that link opens to that point.

Back