EVSE ICE Bucket Challenge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfingslovak

http://bit.ly/juiceboxbucketchallenge
emwtrack

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OBEMHkMzII[/youtube]

Why not challenge every EVSE? Regardless I would like to see how long the unit can remain weather resistant since a real test is repeated exposure under varying temps even not submerged, not a single test with new seals etc. Temp swings and environmental conditions that stress seals and metal are more useful. Salt air alone can destroy an enclosure seals and ruin an EVSE. Not exactly a relevant or scientific test and cables are not under movement in rain etc, regardless entertaining but very non-conclusive other that that box did not shut down in X minutes. I am quite certain that is not a waterproof enclosure nor does it mean it would last longer than another unit EVEN if the other unit failed when submerged after 30 seconds, they simple are not relevant comparisons on many levels. This would also not pass any UL test for submersion of course.

It was a joke! :lol:

EVDRIVER said:
I am quite certain that is not a waterproof enclosure nor does it mean it would last longer than another unit EVEN if the other unit failed when submerged after 30 seconds, they simple are not relevant comparisons on many levels. This would also not pass any UL test for submersion of course.

I think it was a good marketing ploy. I wish they said that they dontated to ALS research, though. That would have been classy.

I believe eMW (electric Motor Werks) has done a commendable job making the Juicebox a very versatile, reliable, and weatherproof product. My understanding is that they are now working diligently on getting safety agency approval on their next generation JuiceBox design (in an all new enclosure) which hopefully will be released before early next next year.

Back