Lost my 3rd capacity bar, down to 9

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doberman

As the title says, I lost a 3rd capacity bar today. I'm still getting fairly good range, 65-ish miles, depending on how I'm driving.

uEqKUlX.jpg

Am I eligible for a battery replacement? There is loads of great information on here, but it's hard to sift through everything and find a solid answer.

myleaf said:
Also, you need to be <60,000 miles

LTLFTcomposite said:
Join the club.

No replacement yet, you need to lose one more bar.

Well, damn...but on the upside, I am sitting around 28k for miles, so if my math is correct - it is possible that i'd see another bar lost within the next year. Fingers crossed, i guess

mwalsh said:
I'm rather impressed you're still showing 73 miles with 3 bars gone. My car shows just 61 with 2 bars gone (but getting close to loosing bar 3). You must have wicked efficiency?

maybe he lives at the bottom of a big hill

o00scorpion00o said:
So I take it the loss is due to heat ?

Possibly - I'm in the midwest and we've had rather hot summers last year and previous, however - nothing like folks are seeing down in TX.

mwalsh said:
I'm rather impressed you're still showing 73 miles with 3 bars gone. My car shows just 61 with 2 bars gone (but getting close to loosing bar 3). You must have wicked efficiency?

honestly, I thought 73 wasn't that great...but I supposed being down 3 bars, I can't be too upset...just hoping for a battery swap!

doberman said:
o00scorpion00o said:
So I take it the loss is due to heat ?

Possibly - I'm in the midwest and we've had rather hot summers last year and previous, however - nothing like folks are seeing down in TX.

Have you done a lot of fast charging ? and to the point where QC makes the battery hot ?

Back