A Curious Benefit of Range Loss ...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosuchthing

I've noticed it over and over. Since our Leaf is now a 60-mile Leaf with 2 range bars absent, the car gets charged faster by about 2 hours. Being mostly partially discharged on daily basis it gets done well before midnight (starting at 9 pm) at which time we replug to our Spark for the overnight.

Works out great!

Nothing like the benefit of having 2 EVs. Wife pulls in with a depleted Leaf and she's off with full Spark. She just loves it. At 9 pm we plug in the Leaf, and so it goes on...

Now imagine, god forbid, Leaf was a 150-mile vehicle. :eek:

ILETRIC said:
I've noticed it over and over. Since our Leaf is now a 60-mile Leaf with 2 range bars absent, the car gets charged faster by about 2 hours. Being mostly partially discharged on daily basis it gets done well before midnight (starting at 9 pm) at which time we replug to our Spark for the overnight.
I fail to see any real benefit. You could have a 12-bar leaf and just charge to 80% (or whatever amount would get you 60-ish miles.) and the effect would be the same. It sort of reminds me of people that say the Volt is better than the Leaf because it charges twice as fast. (well, that isn't true anymore with the new Leaf's 6.6kw charger) but the point remains for the person that thinks the Volt was better, you could always just stop charging the Leaf at 40 miles. Then it charges the same speed and has the same range.

ILETRIC said:

Works out great!

Nothing like the benefit of having 2 EVs. Wife pulls in with a depleted Leaf and she's off with full Spark. She just loves it. At 9 pm we plug in the Leaf, and so it goes on...

Now imagine, god forbid, Leaf was a 150-mile vehicle. :eek:
Just think how lucky you'll be once the traction pack is 80% depleted ... it'll only take about an hour to charge
:?

Back