EVTV Selling Renault 24kWh Packs for $3,600 (sold out)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneSilent

http://evtv.me" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is getting 72 Better Place Renault Influenza battery packs, which have 48 Nissan Leaf battery modules in each. Read the post over at http://evtv.me/2014/02/trouble-learning-curves/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Might be a good cheap option for spare cells down the road...

buying used batteries now doesn't make much sense-- they will deteriorate on the shelf while you store them for future use. It is hopeful that there will be reasonable deals when we need them in the future.

SteveInSeattle said:
buying used batteries now doesn't make much sense-- they will deteriorate on the shelf while you store them for future use. It is hopeful that there will be reasonable deals when we need them in the future.
I know they'll degrade without usage.. but I suspect if they were kept in a cold storage facility with 50% charge on them, I bet they'd still be good in a few years.

GoneSilent said:
http://evtv.me is getting 72 Better Place Renault Influenza battery packs

Is this a French car that makes you sick? :lol:

I think it's called the Fluence.

Lithium batteries have a "Decent" calendar life in storage at very low SOC (20-45%)

Aging should slow by over half stored in that condition, even more if you store at very low SOC below freezing.

Cheers
Ryan

EVTV Motor Verks is liquidating a number of 23.4 kWh battery packs from Renault EVs for the next few days for only $3600.00 ($3900.00 after Friday 03/07). The information claims that the modules are "identical in all respects to the Nissan Leaf battery modules". I was wondering if anyone was going to take a chance and buy some extra modules for their LEAF to bring it back up to close to 12 bars. Maybe a group buy - 3-4 people buy one pack and exchange their least-capacity modules for newer ones?

I'm a bit too conservative to take a chance, but for someone with skills, time and a little cash...

I'm not in the market but if I were, I'd wait for some capacity testing. They measured the pack at 4V/cell, indicating storage at full charge, which probably has sat at that SOC for a few months; who knows how much longer if that was Better Place's standard operating procedure?

Nubo said:
They measured the pack at 4V/cell, indicating storage at full charge.
4.0V / cell is a standard 80% charge, not full charge. Not the best for long term storage, but it's what Nissan recommends.

Even at $4000 it's the cheapest we've seen 48 modules sold for yet.

ahagge - not likely that swapping out only a couple modules would do you any good - so far modules in the pack tend to degrade pretty evenly.

Now if it were possible to split up with 2S2P module and swap half the cells around, then you would end up with a pack about halfway between your current pack and the replacement pack. I don't think it's possible to do that without irreversibly damaging the tuna can, though.

Does anyone have a spare refrigerator, I can store the batteries in, until I need them? :lol:

drees said:
Nubo said:
4.0V / cell is a standard 80% charge, not full charge. Not the best for long term storage, but it's what Nissan recommends.

Are you referencing charge-termination voltage, or resting voltage?

Nubo said:
drees said:
Nubo said:
There is basically no difference when charging on L2, certainly well under 0.1V / cell - even way less than half that.

Now if you are QCing there can be a very big difference between charging and resting voltage, but that gets smaller the higher the charge level since the LBC limits pack voltage read at the terminals to around 394-395V by dropping power.

Will $3600 for the pack be any indicator of the replacement battery price?
Sure this is a liquidation sale, but does that narrow down the cost for a new nissan pack ?

drees said:
Nubo said:
drees said:
There is basically no difference when charging on L2, certainly well under 0.1V / cell - even way less than half that.

Now if you are QCing there can be a very big difference between charging and resting voltage, but that gets smaller the higher the charge level since the LBC limits pack voltage read at the terminals to around 394-395V by dropping power.

Thanks. I was just going by their comments on the video. I don't have much familiarity with voltage states of the LEAF pack, having never found a real need for any of the CAN-sniffing devices.

klapauzius said:
Will $3600 for the pack be any indicator of the replacement battery price?
Sure this is a liquidation sale, but does that narrow down the cost for a new nissan pack ?

This a liquidation sale of used packs with no warranty of any kind, so no. If anyone has another interpretation of the 'like new condition' and 'No manufacturer support or warranty. No returns and no refunds' disclaimers feel free to chime in.

I just read at VisForVoltage that the Leaf cells fit the Vectrix maxi-scooter like they were made for it. So if any of you have an ailing Vectrix, this could be a great opportunity to more than double (triple?) its range.

hmmmm . . . . wonder if I could find a pair of air shocks for the leaf ... buy one of the new discount packs ... rum 'em parallel w/ my existing pack
:D

.It says shipping is a couple hundred bucks I can't imagine that to be true for 600 pounds coming all the way from Montenegro.

palmermd said:
Sold out! 4 days and all 72 are sold.

Nissan USA probably bought them all, too many people are getting their degraded packs replaced under warranty so they will use every module they can find. The price was good too :)

pchilds said:
Does anyone have a spare refrigerator, I can store the batteries in, until I need them? :lol:

The entire state of Michigan comes to mind.

Honestly, I've measured no capacity loss since winter started.

Back