It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Leaf smartphone API
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:03 am 

I'd like to reverse engineer the protocol between the Leaf iPhone app and Carwings but I need your help :) I just ordered this month so it'll be a while before I can do it myself :(

If you have a Leaf, a WiFi connected iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Leaf app, and are willing to help, please send me a PM. The process should take about 30 minutes.

Post subject: Re: Leaf smartphone API
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:47 am 

Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2011
Has anyone made any progress with an Leaf API?

I would like to programmatically access the Leaf functions and data. I realise that this might be rather commercially sensitive from Nissan's point of view but surely if there was an accepted API that gave access to the main functions and data that would make sense for Nissan. The more third-party apps available the more attractive the Leaf is to the potential buyer (and owner of course!).

Has anyone programmatically accessed the Leaf such as turning charging on/off, determining state of charge, determining if charging has stopped, determining state of A/C and heating etc?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:18 pm 

Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2182
SnaxMuppet wrote:
Has anyone made any progress with an Leaf API?

I would like to programmatically access the Leaf functions and data. I realise that this might be rather commercially sensitive from Nissan's point of view but surely if there was an accepted API that gave access to the main functions and data that would make sense for Nissan. The more third-party apps available the more attractive the Leaf is to the potential buyer (and owner of course!).

Has anyone programmatically accessed the Leaf such as turning charging on/off, determining state of charge, determining if charging has stopped, determining state of A/C and heating etc?

Search "API" -> viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2214&hilit=API

Haykinson has a Python script that works through the carwings interface allowing for status, climate control, and charge start. Also see Haykinson's AutoFlugel .

PV System

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:51 am 

Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2011
Thanks.

Yes, I have seen those and they are a good start but that isn't really an API... just individuals who have worked out some of how to use the smartphone interface. There is no explanation or description for other to create their own applications. For example, I don't know Python so it would take a fair bit of decoding for me.

I suppose I was wondering if anyone had a full description rather than just examples. Obviously not :)

It would be in Nissan's interest to publish their API so we can all benefit... including them!

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:21 am 

Delivery Date: 05 Apr 2012
There's an API for accessing Carwings that the smartphone apps use: Carwings API.

There's no official documentation, and what's shown on that page is a bit limited, but it should help you get started.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:46 am 
Gold Member

Delivery Date: 08 Mar 2012
Uhclem: I am not sure what is wrong with sending PM messages but they seem quite flaky. I have outgoing messages that is still in my Outbox for over a month. sometimes messages go within minutes or I see them hanging there for over a day.

Please send me mail at mkjayakumar@hotmail.com so that we can work together.