Can B mode be turned on 2014 Leaf S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apara

I have the 2014 Leaf S with the charger option. I was reading that there is a way to turn on the B mode, via the Navigation system. I cannot imagine that the technology for B mode is in the Navigation system, so I am thinking that there IS a different (perhaps not as efficient) way to turn on the B mode in the Leaf S model.

Can this be done by the dealer? Is there a set of secret combination button presses that will turn on the B mode on my car?

Thanks.
-AP_

dgpcolorado said:
The LEAF S doesn't have B mode, unlike the SV/SL.

2014 LEAF specs (open the "mechanical" tab)

One of the many features missing on the base S model. If there is a hack to enable B mode, I've not heard of it before.

Unfortunately the 2014 specs are gone. The 2015 Leaf actually has B mode in the base S model

^^^
Yep.

One can see the specs table for the '14 Leaf via http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2014-nissan-leaf-press-kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; under the Specs tab. The first tab also says (for the '14): "The "B-mode" (SV and SL grades)..." B-mode didn't come standard on Leaf S trim until '15.

Pre-'13 Leafs didn't even have a B-mode.

My guess is that B-Mode is just software setting so someone with right tool should be able to turn it on...I wonder when will we see some aftermarket chips/ECU for LEAF?

Back