piseas
Delivery Date: 01 Feb 2015
Leaf Number: 315128

Re: Clicking noise during acceleration and decceleration

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:14 pm

My 2015 Leaf started a clicking noise when I was at a stop and put foot on the speed pedal. I also heard it after releasing the pedal. I thought I would not be covered under warranty as I have 41k miles on a car I have owned new for 2.5 years.
But I checked this site and saw it could be covered under the 6 yr/60k drive-train warranty.
I called Nissan Customer Service to confirm re having my car greased that it would be covered. They would not confirm so I took to my local dealer.
Dealer would not confirm until they looked at it. If i decided not to fix it, then $150 inspection fee, otherwise if not covered under warranty that price will be included.
I got a call from my service advisor who said I need a new front axle and that it would be covered under warranty. I would have to bring car back as they had to order the part. I was told if I just had it greased, it would NOT be covered under warranty and have to pay about $250.
I guess I should not look at a gift horse in the mouth or however the saying goes. Funny thing, I picked up the car expecting to return the next day for the axle install and my car NO longer had the clicking noise. I guess they greased ti anyway! I could call them to say no longer noise but I know they will want me to pay the $150 diagnosis fee.
FYI for all of you out there.
2015 SL(First Nissan)
Pearl White-Premium Package-All Options
Purchased 1-2-15 w/ included Free Home L2 Charging Station
HomeTown-SoCal

rt84vhf
Delivery Date: 18 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 303893

Re: Clicking noise during acceleration and decceleration

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:53 pm

Just had mine fixed this week. 2016 SV, 8k miles. Same fix as mentioned above. Wife's is going in next week for the same issue at 12k miles.

Return to “Engineering”