Ecotality down to .89 cents a share

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark13

They have not reported a quarterly report in 5 months..I would imagine they will have to report one this month..
They have a very high burn rate (salaries) and just had dilusion of 10 million shares @ $2.50

I would love to know what those public charger do in revenue..I would imagine they are not even close to break even ...

If they can make it to the year 2015,they may have a bright future..

You know sadly, if I had all of the money they have burned through, I could have installed a lot more chargers and made much better use of the money. I'd probably be the only salaried employee. But then again, I already run my own business so I know how to keep costs low and spend only what is required.

mark13 said:
I would love to know what those public charger do in revenue..I would imagine they are not even close to break even ...

I don't believe that they charge anything yet. How would you base your "bright future" statement? I predict bankrupt within weeks of the end of government handouts. Of course, I also predict more visits to the guvment money pit screaming of impending doom, and all would be well if only they had more of your money.

Check out the salaries to all the cronies running this company. Whether it succeeds or fails, they paid themselves handsomely already. Who will be hurt are all the salaried employees, but most of them know that this venture may not end well. Now would be a great time to find a life boat.

Not OT at all. Ecotality going bankrupt can have big implications - and cries of another "Solyndra" all over again.

I hope the low share price will prompt a buy out.

Check out the interview with Colin Read, VP of ECOtality. They have raised a lot of money and partnering with ABB. Perhaps ABB can buyout Ecotality.

http://analysis.evupdate.com/qa/colin-read-ecotality-partnering-success?utm_source=http%3a%2f%2fuk.telematicsupdate.com%2ffc_tele_evupdatelz%2f&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EV+WW+11+4+12&utm_term=Batteries%3a+EV+industry+looks+for+rare+earth+alternatives&utm_content=216338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think anyone getting into the EVSE business needs to understand it will be many years before any sort of profit can be realized. Maybe 5 to 10 years, would be my guess.

I don't think it will ever be profitable. I'm guessing 5 - 10 years from now most of the EVs on the road will have more than enough range to get home and back a couple days before they need to be charged.

For road trips; hotels, parks and other destinations might offer EVSEs.

How I imagined a charging infrastructure would work has changed dramatically since I actually started driving an EV.

adric22 said:
I think anyone getting into the EVSE business needs to understand it will be many years before any sort of profit can be realized. Maybe 5 to 10 years, would be my guess.
For a standalone EVSE, yes. For one attached to a convenience type store or something similar? Who knows. Apparently gas stations only make a penny or so on each gallon of gas (granted, they do sell a lot of them!) and make their real money in their stores. Since pay at the pump has been available, I very rarely actually go into the store to spend my money. But if I had to wait around for 20 or so minutes for a charge, I would certainly go inside. As long as they provided things for me to buy/do while I'm waiting, I'd probably be very inclined to patronize them.

If you need to stand around 20 minutes to wait to charge for another 20 minutes there will never be a profit, a large enough group of people with that kind of patience just isn't out there.

rpmdk said:
If you need to stand around 20 minutes to wait to charge for another 20 minutes there will never be a profit, a large enough group of people with that kind of patience just isn't out there.
Yogi Berra said:
Nobody ever goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

the other day I went by Cotco's filling station. I couldn't believe it, there were something like 8 lanes, bumper to bumper maybe 5 cars deep to the edge of the road with people clambering to save a few pennies per gallon on gas. I would bet these folks were waiting 10-20 minutes to fill up.

rpmdk said:

If what Nissan said,1 million electric cars per year will be built by Nissan-Fiat starting in 2013,combine that with other E-car companys (Ford-Mitsu)That should help out charger companys..
TonyWilliams said:
mark13 said:

I don't believe that they charge anything yet. How would you base your "bright future" statement? I predict bankrupt within weeks of the end of government handouts. Of course, I also predict more visits to the guvment money pit screaming of impending doom, and all would be well if only they had more of your money.

Check out the salaries to all the cronies running this company. Whether it succeeds or fails, they paid themselves handsomely already. Who will be hurt are all the salaried employees, but most of them know that this venture may not end well. Now would be a great time to find a life boat.

GaslessInSeattle said:
the other day I went by Cotco's filling station. I couldn't believe it, there were something like 8 lanes, bumper to bumper maybe 5 cars deep to the edge of the road with people clambering to save a few pennies per gallon on gas. I would bet these folks were waiting 10-20 minutes to fill up.

rpmdk said:

I have done this at Costco many a times before owning the Leaf. It is easy to spend 20 minutes in line there. Once you drive to Costco, you are usually committed no matter how long the line is. Easy for people to forget these facts of life.

Monday, Ecotality will announce their 4th quarter and full year results..

Here is a phone# if anyone wants to call doing the CC and discuss company matters..

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ecotality-announces-fourth-quarter-fiscal-120000486.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would imagine the CEO will really need to put on a positive show, to get the stock price above $1.00, or face a reverse stock split again..

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Bloomberg New Energy Finance today announced ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, as a 2012 New Energy Pioneer. Now in its third year, the Bloomberg New Energy Finance Pioneer program named nine other companies at the fifth annual Bloomberg New Energy Finance Summit in New York.
“ECOtality is honored to have been awarded the Bloomberg New Energy Pioneer Award, and to be amongst this elite group of fellow honorees,” said Jonathan Read, CEO of ECOtality, Inc. “This award signifies Blink’s vitality within the burgeoning electric transportation industry, and is yet another validator of the EV space. Being recognized by Bloomberg is a true testament to the value of a strong team that is passionate about the change they strive to make every day.”
The Blink Network is a robust operating platform that enables EV chargers to integrate with utilities and other third parties to facilitate data exchange, utility services, energy management, media communications, and membership and payment programs. The Blink Network provides EV drivers the freedom to travel as they choose and conveniently charge at Blink-enabled commercial locations along the way.

TonyWilliams said:
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Bloomberg New Energy Finance today announced ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, as a 2012 New Energy Pioneer. Now in its third year, the Bloomberg New Energy Finance Pioneer program named nine other companies at the fifth annual Bloomberg New Energy Finance Summit in New York.
“ECOtality is honored to have been awarded the Bloomberg New Energy Pioneer Award, and to be amongst this elite group of fellow honorees,” said Jonathan Read, CEO of ECOtality, Inc. “This award signifies Blink’s vitality within the burgeoning electric transportation industry, and is yet another validator of the EV space. Being recognized by Bloomberg is a true testament to the value of a strong team that is passionate about the change they strive to make every day.”
The Blink Network is a robust operating platform that enables EV chargers to integrate with utilities and other third parties to facilitate data exchange, utility services, energy management, media communications, and membership and payment programs. The Blink Network provides EV drivers the freedom to travel as they choose and conveniently charge at Blink-enabled commercial locations along the way.

Wow, wonder which alternate universe they live in? J. Read must be watching too much of the Fringe TV series! Especially love "The Blink Network is a robust operating platform". Yeah, right!

GaslessInSeattle said:
Not only that, but most of these people also don't bother to turn their cars off while waiting to move up a spot. Probably lose most of the savings just sitting in line. (typical car burns 1/3-1/2 gallon of gas idling an hour, more if the AC is on, so figure if you idle 15 minutes that's 0.1-0.2 gallons of gas or $0.40-$0.80 of gas assuming $4/gallon)

ECOtality, Inc. 4Q and 2011 Shareholder Update Call
Monday, April 16, 2012 10:30 AM Pacific Time
Please click here to listen to the webcast: http://viavid.net/dce.aspx?sid=0000960C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TonyWilliams said:
Please click here to listen to the webcast: http://viavid.net/dce.aspx?sid=0000960C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Site says the webcast will be at 4:30pm EST.

tjenkens said:
TonyWilliams said:

Site says the webcast will be at 4:30pm EST.

Ecotality did it WRONG ?

Back