GCC: British Columbia passes Zero-Emission Vehicles Act; 10% LDVs ZEV by 2025, 100% by 2040

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2019/06/20190603-bc.html

. . . This target will be met using a phased-in approach: 10% of new light-duty vehicle sales by 2025, 30% by 2030 and 100% by 2040.

British Columbians are already buying the most zero-emission vehicles per capita in Canada. In the first quarter of 2019, they made up more than 6% of new light-duty vehicle sales in BC. Due to the popularity of its CEVforBC rebate program, the government recently topped up the incentives with another $10 million, part of the $42 million that was committed in Budget 2019. . . .

Just need a diesel fired heater for the leaf.
Winter here is short and from what I can tell it must really suck for electric vehicles some where winter lasts a significant portion of the year.
That is some where that I wouldn't want to be forced to buy an all electric.
A plug in hybrid I'm sure would be fine.

Oilpan4 said:
Just need a diesel fired heater for the leaf.
Winter here is short and from what I can tell it must really suck for electric vehicles some where winter lasts a significant portion of the year.
That is some where that I wouldn't want to be forced to buy an all electric.
A plug in hybrid I'm sure would be fine.
Most of BC's population is clustered around Vancouver, so the temps are moderated by the ocean. Current 200+ mile BEVs, especially those with heat pumps, can easily do the majority of driving there, including winter ski trips to Whistler or what have you. As long as you aren't trying to drive to Banff or Jasper in the winter, it'll work without too much delay.

It's the inland and northern provinces (AB/SK/MB/NU/NT/YT, and the Canadian Shield section of ON, plus the northern areas of ON and QC) that need auxiliary heat or, more realistically given the distances involved, PHEVs.

Back