GRA

ABG: Colorado wants to fine gas-powered drivers who park at EV charging stations The bill already passed in the house

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:51 pm

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/26/col ... ing-spots/
. . . During the first 2019 regular session of the general assembly under the subject of transportation and motor vehicles, House Bill 1298 was introduced to the house on April 1, 2019. On April 18, 2019, it passed on a vote, with 41 yes to 24 no. It has since been introduced to the senate and is under consideration.

The matter at hand is keeping charging stations in public parking lots open for electric vehicles or plug-in hybrid vehicles that need to use them. This includes gas-powered vehicles or battery-powered vehicles that are not actively charging, and results in a fine of $150 with a $32 surcharge. There is no mention of towing in the bill.

As for what "actively charging" means, let's leave it to the legalese dispensed by the state of Colorado: "An electric vehicle is rebuttably presumed to not be charging if the electric vehicle is parked in a charging station and is not electrically connected to the charger for longer than 30 minutes. A person may park an electric vehicle at a charging station after the electric vehicle is fully charged in a parking lot" at a hotel over night, at an airport, or between the hours of 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. Typically, an electric charger will indicate if it's in use, thereby providing proof of whether or not the parked car is being charged. . . .
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

Oilpan4
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 10 May 2018
Leaf Number: 004270

Re: ABG: Colorado wants to fine gas-powered drivers who park at EV charging stations The bill already passed in the hous

Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Works for me if they do it in NM and I don't even have public chargers around here.
2011 white SL leaf with 2014 batt.
Chargers: Panasonic brick moded for 240v, duosida 16a 240v and a 10kw setec portable CHAdeMO

Return to “Business / Economy and Politics”