GCC: API: June marks highest ever production of US crude oil & natural gas liquids; domestic demand highest since 2007

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2018/07/20180720-api.html

. . . In June, production of crude oil reached 10.7 million barrels per day (mb/d) and production of natural gas liquids reached 4.2 mb/d.

• US oil production has supplied all of the growth in global oil demand so far this year and helped compensate for production losses in some OPEC nations. With continued increases in drilling activity, the US is poised for further production increases in natural gas and oil. . . .

—API Chief Economist Dean Foreman

Other highlights from the June 2018 statistical report include:

• US petroleum demand year-to-date at its strongest since 2007: 20.6 mb/d.

Domestic refineries ran at their highest percent capacity utilization rate in June (96.6%) since 2005.

Refinery throughput hit a new record of 18 mb/d.

With the record refinery throughput, US petroleum inventories held steady as an accumulation of refined product stocks more than offset the drawdown in crude oil stocks.

This is why the government should be somewhat involved in making bad decisions more expensive.

I live in a small duplex that shares a single narrow driveway and a model t garage.
The guy upstairs and his girlfriend both own large minivans (but I only ever see one person in them)

My guess is it’s the same issue a city has, tax the big stuff, make a tax for 4wd in areas that can’t use it and reduce or eliminate taxes/inspection on small stuff and efficient stuff, if the tax is high enough folks will buy those things less often and our streets would unclog a bit and fuel use would go down.

Lack of consistent will in our country.

Back