Activism?!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyH

Anyone else see the letters Nissan has on the Leaf site? Think we should start mailing four or five a week? :D

The page at the link includes sample letters, a PDF download option, and a link to a 'find your representative' utility.

"Electric driving is catching on, but we need your help to make it a reality. that’s why we’re asking you to advocate for electric by writing your state and federal officials. we’ve included some information you may want to bring up with them in the downloadable file you’ll find below. feel free to use it to let them know how serious you are about electric driving."

EV Advocacy Letters

State:

sample letter:

Dear State Political Representative:

Please help lead our state’s electric vehicle adoption.

As your constituent, I urge you to aggressively promote the statewide adoption of zero-emission electric vehicles as a visionary investment.
Specifically, I ask you to:

Vigorously support the construction of accessible and reliable electric vehicle (EV) charging stations within your district and statewide.
Enable people to quickly install EV charging stations at home by facilitating the permit process and by encouraging the development of consistent inspection standards.
Zero-emission electric vehicles are critical to achieving economic and energy-independence goals. EV production strengthens our state’s economy while improving air quality by lowering the number of gas-powered cars and trucks on the road.

But to make zero-emission-vehicle adoption a widespread reality, we need a network of conveniently located charging stations. And convenience begins at home.

Unfortunately, the process for obtaining the necessary home-installation permit can be lengthy. Your leadership is urgently needed to help avoid delays that discourage EV adoption, including ensuring that local inspectors are available and trained in order to meet the growing EV demand.

Thank you for considering my request. Your support for electric cars puts you at the forefront of leaders dedicated to achieving energy independence, while creating a better quality of life.

Sincerely, [YOUR NAME]

Federal:

Dear National Political Representative:

As your constituent, I urge you to aggressively promote the nationwide adoption of zero-emission electric vehicles as a visionary investment in a cleaner, greener America.

Specifically, I ask you to:

Vigorously support the construction of accessible and reliable electric vehicle (EV) charging stations within our state and nationwide.
Drive support for extending the alternative refueling tax credit for Americans installing electric recharging equipment at home.
Zero-emission electric vehicles are critical to achieving America’s economic and energy-independence goals. EV production strengthens our nation’s economy while improving air quality by lowering the number of gas-powered cars and trucks on the road.

But to make zero-emission-vehicle adoption a widespread reality, America needs an affordable means of installing charging stations at home. Your leadership is vital to helping make this possible through the extension of the alternative refueling tax credit.

Thank you for considering my request. Your support for electric cars puts you at the forefront of leaders dedicated to achieving energy independence, while creating a better quality of life for all Americans.

Sincerely, [YOUR NAME]

I wrote an opened letter to my State Delegate in the General Assembly of Virginia that I posted on-line. It's Virginia-specific but could be edited for your needs. I only sent it to my delegate, not my state senator as I always forget Ms. Howell for some reason. Also, I've yet to mail it to our Governor and certainly not to Congressman Wolf or my 2 federal Senators. I called my Congressman last month about the EVSE tax credit but although I think his office tried to call me twice when I was dealing with problems with the PU, and so I missed both calls. I also sent the e-mail via the plugin America advocacy site.

No one could say I've been resting on my laurels, that's for sure!

Back