Should BEV "ownership" programs include swapping?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edatoakrun

Seems obvious to me that manufacturers should set up BEV ownership programs that includes swapping capability.

Personally, I'd like to own a ~30 kWh four-passenger BEV, but be able to exchange it (for a reasonable cost, at my local Nissan? dealer) for a variety of other vehicles, such as a truck, four-wheel drive, or a longer-range BEV/BEVx, only when the occasional special need arises.

Very strange that the Cadillac division, probably the least-likely-to-succeed brand, is the first one that seems to be giving it a try...

Cadillac is trying to be the Spotify of luxury cars

BOOK CADILLAC ELIMINATES MOST OF THE HEADACHES RELATED TO CAR OWNERSHIP

Cadillac is diving into the world of premium subscription services with Book – a program that removes some of the minutiae of owning a car. Much like subscription services including Spotify and Netflix, Cadillac Book will let you enjoy the car without having to put in the legwork usually associated with ownership...

You might have access to a hot new CTS-V tucked away in your $800 a month Manhattan parking spot, but you won’t actually own it. To some, the freedom of being able to swap cars with a smartphone app might be enticing...
http://autoweek.com/article/luxury/cadillac-trying-be-spotify-luxury-cars

Back