Let The Dismantling Begin: Climate-Change Denier Scott Pruitt Trump’s Pick For New EPA Chief

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Via IEVS: http://insideevs.com/let-the-dismantling-begin-climate-change-denier-scott-pruitt-trumps-pick-for-new-epa-chief/

The environmental groups will see their membership and donations skyrocket, as they'll be spending a lot of time in court.

I predict Trump will go down as the most corrupt and most incompetent president ever. He has so many conflicts of interest he will probably meet criteria for impeachment (the emoluments clause of the constitution, seeking compensation from foreign governments for his business) the first day he is in office. Not only that, he is already screwing the working class that voted for him--and he isn't even in office yet. He is "draining the swamp" by stacking his cabinet with billionaires, one of whom was the foreclosure king. He certainly conned those who voted for him.

That is, of course, one man's opinion.
I was no fan of Obama when he was elected, but he WAS elected, so I laid off him and gave him a chance.
Maybe you could do the same?

Stoaty said:
I predict Trump will go down as the most corrupt and most incompetent president ever. He has so many conflicts of interest he will probably meet criteria for impeachment (the emoluments clause of the constitution, seeking compensation from foreign governments for his business) the first day he is in office. Not only that, he is already screwing the working class that voted for him--and he isn't even in office yet. He is "draining the swamp" by stacking his cabinet with billionaires, one of whom was the foreclosure king. He certainly conned those who voted for him.

wow so much doom and gloom...I agree give him a chance, all the new techy car companies opening in the US and he's trying to keep America first, not being like the last guy is a step in the right direction

He is "draining the swamp" by stacking his cabinet with billionaires, one of whom was the foreclosure king. He certainly conned those who voted for him.

I'm trying to stay hopeful, but the above isn't a matter of interpretation. He's choosing mostly the kinds of people he railed against on the campaign for high office, and he has certainly not done anything remotely like "drain the swamp." It is more like, as one pundit put it, he is "stocking it with alligators."

craig said:
I was no fan of Obama when he was elected, but he WAS elected, so I laid off him and gave him a chance.
Trump isn't giving himself a chance. Don't you watch the news? Hear about his crazy tweets? Blaming the workers for companies sending jobs to other countries. Is he planning to put his business in a blind trust? No. Did he release his tax returns like every other candidate so we can see if he has any conflicts of interest? No. Using his position as president elect to get favors for his business from heads of state. Do you know the backgrounds of the guys he is picking for his cabinets? A labor secretary who is anti-labor. A leader of the EPA who is a fossil fuel guy and wants to tear up the pollution regulations. A guy who is tweeting crazy conspiracy theories as national security adviser. There are a few solid choices, but very few.

I wanted to give Trump a chance, but he is already shooting himself in the foot and can't stop shooting off his mouth. If he starts acting like a president, stops lying, and surrounds himself with experienced people who aren't picked to dismantle the agency they are to run I will give him a chance.

Trump's Cabinet choices are a bit more varied than the above suggests. His pick to run the military, for example, is actually a well-respected, well-read, thoughtful man who has support on both sides of the aisle. He appears to have gotten the "Mad Dog" nickname just from his last name - Maddox. It may even be ironic. I wonder if Trump just chose him because of the nickname...? Anyway, if he chooses Romney or a similar Moderate for Secretary of State, it will be more a "mixed bag" than a "bag of flaming dog poop." (Looking at you, here, Rudy!)

craig said:

what kind of comparison is that? you kidding right? do you understand the take this thread?

LeftieBiker said:
Trump's Cabinet choices are a bit more varied than the above suggests. His pick to run the military, for example, is actually a well-respected, well-read, thoughtful man who has support on both sides of the aisle. He appears to have gotten the "Mad Dog" nickname just from his last name - Maddox. It may even be ironic. I wonder if Trump just chose him because of the nickname...? Anyway, if he chooses Romney or a similar Moderate for Secretary of State, it will be more a "mixed bag" than a "bag of flaming dog poop." (Looking at you, here, Rudy!)
Agreed on his picks for secretary of defense and homeland security, there are a few solid ones... just not enough.

PS Just heard that he plans to remain as executive producer of Celebrity Apprentice while he is president. How about focusing on the job of president 100%?

DaveinOlyWA said:
craig said:

what kind of comparison is that? you kidding right? do you understand the take this thread?
Are people only allowed to agree with the OP on this forum? Wow, might as well close down the forum.

Firetruck41 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
craig said:

Are people only allowed to agree with the OP on this forum? Wow, might as well close down the forum.

yea this is turning into a left sided (****) show...the guy isn't even in office and getting critiqued, we had 8 years of???? are we better off?...think the voters decided not so

I've never voted for Obama, but even I'd blush if I were to say that he didn't improve things over Shrub. Why is Trump being criticized even though he isn't even in office? Because of the people he's choosing, the things he's saying (and Tweeting) and the promises he's breaking, right now. (The promises he keeps get counted against him when they become policy.)

grandizer52 said:
yea this is turning into a left sided (****) show...the guy isn't even in office and getting critiqued, we had 8 years of???? are we better off?...think the voters decided not so
For me, this isn't a matter of "left" or "right". I am disturbed that, in 2016 when we should know better, basic climate science is so politicized and our high-level politicians are denying reality. I'm all for conservative, free market approaches to addressing climate change. But we have to at least admit there's a problem!

Further, Mr. Trump was elected in large part by promising to restore jobs that aren't coming back. Throwing up trade barriers and shaming companies for sending jobs outside the US may play well with the electorate, but it's bad economics and won't help in the long run. Some companies are moving operations back into the US, but they're quite often doing this by increasing automation, not by hiring large numbers of workers. What is the government going to do next, try to prevent manufacturers like Tesla from expanding their use of robots? Donald Trump's approach here isn't "conservative" at all; it's populist.

I'm not a huge fan of Obama, either, largely for various policy reasons. But I have to hand it to him for maintaining an even temperament, having a relatively very scandal-free administration, and making real efforts to address climate change.

grandizer52 said:
This forum has always been dominated by leftists. And you'd better shut up or you must be an anti science racist homophobe.

I'm very interested to see how this plays out. Of course critics see it as special interests. I see it as putting people with track records of making good decisions in charge instead of hacks whose only interest is advancing their lifelong political careers.

Obama foreign policy has been an unmitigated disaster, thousands have died as a result of his weakness that started with putting that incompetent HRC in charge of the state department for no reason other than quid pro quo. No wonder coming up with someone to fill that position is taking so long, cleaning up that mess is a tall order.

The status quo is on notice. If I was a do nothing staffer at HUD for example sucking off the teat of bureaucracy I might be concern the gravy train is coming off the tracks.

As for the EPA, that's probably just the art of the deal. I for one am fine giving Leonardo his CO2 reductions if he'll just stop making horrible movies and float off into the sunset on his megayacht denying he isn't the biggest part of the problem.

abasile said:
grandizer52 said:
For me, this isn't a matter of "left" or "right". I am disturbed that, in 2016 when we should know better, basic climate science is so politicized and our high-level politicians are denying reality. I'm all for conservative, free market approaches to addressing climate change. But we have to at least admit there's a problem!

Further, Mr. Trump was elected in large part by promising to restore jobs that aren't coming back. Throwing up trade barriers and shaming companies for sending jobs outside the US may play well with the electorate, but it's bad economics and won't help in the long run. Some companies are moving operations back into the US, but they're quite often doing this by increasing automation, not by hiring large numbers of workers. What is the government going to do next, try to prevent manufacturers like Tesla from expanding their use of robots? Donald Trump's approach here isn't "conservative" at all; it's populist.

I'm not a huge fan of Obama, either, largely for various policy reasons. But I have to hand it to him for maintaining an even temperament, having a relatively very scandal-free administration, and making real efforts to address climate change.

You nailed it!

27% of our voting population chose Trump. Americans don't vote, but we really like to complain. I was among friends one day and one guy accused me of being a leftist because I drive a Leaf. I absolutely asked him to explain, and he said I am a believer in climate change because I drive a BEV. That left me stunned, and the only thing I said was "cheers". How do you argue with stupid people?

We need to spend money on education! Not climate education, but kindergarten through high school.

abasile said:
Mr. Trump was elected in large part by promising to restore jobs that aren't coming back. Throwing up trade barriers and shaming companies for sending jobs outside the US may play well with the electorate, but it's bad economics and won't help in the long run.
But legislating a $15 minimum wage, family leave, health benefits etc on the backs of employers will elevate everyone into prosperity. No pandering there.

LTLFTcomposite said:
I'm very interested to see how this plays out.

Yea. Me too. We are off the charts in a bunch of ways.

nsidc_global_area_byyear_b.png

WARNING! Overtly political opinion!
"Why is Trump being criticized even though he isn't even in office?"
Because the Democrats take a long term view: if they can convince the electorate, over the next four years, that Trump is a failure, it will improve their chances of getting back into power. Hence, the constant attacks on his character.
It worked with GWB, so they don't see why it wouldn't work with Donald.

Back