Electric Vehicle Fee Tax

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gspace7

North Carolina just raised the Electric Vehicle Fee from $100 to $130. Are there any groups out there fighting these taxes? I hardly even use the highway in my travels because it destroys my range. We use our gas car only if we have to go long distance, so my tax gets paid at the pump when we use the highways which is rare. Our gas car gets used maybe 3,000 miles per year. Therefore the rest of the time my Leaf does not pollute the air like all the gas guzzlers. What do you guys think about this?

gspace7 said:
... I hardly even use the highway in my travels because it destroys my range. ...
You're saying that maintenance on almost all the roads you drive on is NOT funded by gasoline taxes?

Seems unlikely.
They would have to all be city or county maintained roads.
And even then those sometimes receive funding shared from the State or Federal goverment which get the gas taxes.

Pretty unlikely that driving a LEAF has not resulted in a reduction in gas taxes and funds for road and bridge maintenance.

Back