EV Parking Only Sticker

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevon

Saturday, at this public business I was blocked from charging by regular cars parking in 3 EV charging spots. :x Resorted to parking on the grass and charging. Free Electricity doesn't mean free from pain in the asses! The spots have no sign EV parking only so didn't bother leaving a note on the turd's windshields. "never attribute to malice what can be explained by ignorance"
Was thinking of making a self adhesive paper sticker with that gawd awful glue about the size of a cigarette pack stating "this parking spot is reserved for currently charging electric vehicles only,
please find another parking spot" signed "the management" or "security" or some such. Of course this could get me a punch in the nose but asking someone to move is risky too sometimes, just depends on how ignorant or ornery the owner might be.

You'll find many old threads on this topic. Very common occurrence. With no signage, it's an inconvenience you have to expect. Your solution is charge management. Best not to need public charging, but if you must, try for stations with the least probability of failure. It's still risky. PlugShare is good, but imperfect, not everyone checks in.

DNAinaGoodWay,
Thanks for the advice. The business solution is a hotel and "walking distance" from my apartment (1.9miles). Using Plugshare I have found other options walkable form work or home but they are private homes offering only a one time emergency charge to get home (doesn't apply to me) not my every other day charge routine needs. a sticker would be informative and a little inconvenient
to have to scrape off later for car owner. The small size sticker would not be a hazard if placed on the drivers side window. I would stick one on my car too to appear as a fellow victim (plausible deniability)

Probably should forget the sticker idea. I have a new girlfriend as my new hobby. I was still able to charge on the grass and came back later to move the car.

Back