Climate change divides oil CEOs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple explanation for this: There is no way the European CEOs could sell a preposterous claim that there is no global warming. Yet, in the U.S., the Republican party and the misinformation campaign make such a position politically viable.

TonyWilliams said:
Like tobacco, wait for the huge class action lawsuits!!! Trillions in damages, not the billions paid by tobacco.

They can deny all they want.
Individual weather events can't be linked to overall global warming. It would take something like parts of Florida underwater to really make a case in court. That's going to be too late to help much, I think.

A lot of people died (and still are dying) from tobacco and the companies delayed the implementation of restrictions on their business for many years with obfuscation and outright deceit. Just as the fossil fuel industry is doing now, using exactly the same tactics.

Perhaps the Euro execs just know that the politics and pragmatics will merely slow any attempts to wean off of the ongoing depletion of pumped and lifted oil...

Unless we decide to put the effort into renewables, akin to what we do for computers and TVs, it's gonna be business as usual for a while...

On Euro politics, the governments seem to be more into the general population, for example, required labeling of GMO so a consumer can make a choice...

Brings to mind a definition of brainwashing what seems to apply to collective America: When you are brainwashed, not only do you know you are brainwashed, you like it...

Back