Michigan Governor Snyder Signs Anti-Tesla Bill Into Law

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

http://insideevs.com/michigan-governor-snyder-signs-anti-tesla-bill-law/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/37178-Michigan-bill-to-ban-Tesla-sales-at-governors-office!/page16?p=794577#post794577" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Service Centers are banned in Michigan. Michigan has the most restrictive law. No Sales Centers. No Service Centers. No Galleries.

Idiots.

evnow said:
http://insideevs.com/michigan-governor-snyder-signs-anti-tesla-bill-law/

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/37178-Michigan-bill-to-ban-Tesla-sales-at-governors-office!/page16?p=794577#post794577" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Service Centers are banned in Michigan. Michigan has the most restrictive law. No Sales Centers. No Service Centers. No Galleries.

Idiots.

Michigan has not seen where the future lies in the automotive industry since the 60's, and they clearly still can't see it.

Unfortunately - or fortunately, depending on perspective - there are few cars that are built in Michigan any more... Detroit is mostly a ghost town...

NeilBlanchard said:
So, now California needs to block sales of cars built in Michigan.

palmermd said:
Michigan has not seen where the future lies in the automotive industry since the 60's, and they clearly still can't see it.

Exactly. They're trying desperately to protect a hegemony that evaporated 2 generations ago. Old paradigms die hard. Sooner or later this will be overturned in the courts.

MikeinDenver said:
greengate said:
I thought they wanted less government.

What an I missing here?

Less regulation. This accomplishes this by uhh adding more regulation. Don't you see the logic? :lol:

That's the same logic my 450 # cousin uses when we go out to eat.

He eats everything in sight so he won't be hungry for several hours claiming this keeps him from gaining weight.

Attachments

• fat-man-eating-crop.jpg
    fat-man-eating-crop.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 71
He explained that the bill "doesn't change anything". I do not know why their government invests its time in writing and passing bills that don't change anything.

The way I see it, the people there don't have the kind of money to buy $100,000 cars. There is a percentage of upper class that can afford them, but those people work for...the local auto industry. So, maybe Michigan isn't a big market. (Or, no one told them that California is in the U.S. :?

gbarry42 said:
He explained that the bill "doesn't change anything". I do not know why their government invests its time in writing and passing bills that don't change anything.

The way I see it, the people there don't have the kind of money to buy $100,000 cars. There is a percentage of upper class that can afford them, but those people work for...the local auto industry. So, maybe Michigan isn't a big market. (Or, no one told them that California is in the U.S. :?
Sorry, no. Michigan is not tied the auto industry the way it was in the past - that was pretty much over in 1982. There is plenty of wealth in the state and areas 'down state' are booming.

California and her people are only the center of their own universe. ;)

If Tesla could get the support of the Huron Potawatomi, they could build whatever they want 60 miles south of Lansing. :twisted:

Or float a Tesla Sales Barge 4 nautical miles south-east from Pointe Mouillee. You'll technically be in Ohio. :lol:

But I really think Tesla should ignore the legislature altogether. I don't see any teeth to the bill. A whole lot of "thou shall not" and not any "lest ye surely die". Correct me if I'm wrong, but the wording of the law only allows action for damages on the part of the dealerships.

Or just be practical and put a service center and a sales center right in Toledo, Ohio. I bought my LEAF by crossing the state line because it wasn't available for sale in Michigan when I was ready for it.

One interesting workaround suggested is to use reservation land ...

I think Tesla will sue and win. Otherwise they appeal to supreme court to finish off franchise laws. Dealers are being pig headed.

Back