States to Push EVs with Bucks, Charging Stations, HOV Lanes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankyouOB

WASHINGTON — In an effort to spur lackluster sales of electric cars, California, New York and six other states said on Thursday that they would work jointly to adopt a range of measures, including encouraging more charging stations and changing building codes, to make it easier to own an electric car.

The goal, they said, was to achieve sales of at least 3.3 million vehicles that did not have any emissions by 2025.

The states, which represent more than a quarter of the national car market, said they would seek to develop charging stations that all took the same form of payment, simplify rules for installing chargers and set building codes and other regulations to require the stations at workplaces, multifamily residences and at other places....
x...
x...

“There’s much that states can do, and perhaps even more that local governments can do,” said Mary D. Nichols, the chairwoman of the California Air Resources Board and a longtime promoter of electric cars. In a telephone interview, she said that electric cars were “in the midst of a start-up,” and she predicted that they would “go viral.”

The coalition of states — California, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island and Vermont — is roughly the same as the one that formed in the early 1990s to embrace tighter emissions limits on gasoline-powered cars, which the federal government later embraced.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/25/business/energy-environment/coalition-of-states-seeks-to-spur-use-of-electric-cars.html?ref=business" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know about everyone else... but between Tesla and Nissan... even with all the cardboard standup compliance cars.... it feels like the BEV is here to stay this time. As if even GM can't kill it... even if they change their minds again.

Feels like if this wave of EVSE and QC installs continue here on the West coast... and then on the east coast... that the momentum will be strong enough to carry us through to market permanence.

Just have to keep using the cars, evangelizing them to others, working with Nissan, Tesla and any other manufacturers who join them in the serious success camp instead of trepidatious (sic) toe in the water camp or worse, mole saboteur. A few more years should do it... another 20 or 30 quickchargers in CA to finish off the wonderful work the Oregonians and the Washingtonians have done here in the West.

Love my LEAF... look forward to replacing my old Ford Flex with a Model X someday... C'mon Tesla... put in a CHAdeMO at each Supercharger location... make us LEAF owners drool on the fenders of your awesome supercars. You will have us captive for 30 minutes of marketing. Build the movement AND your brand.

Back