New member with a cruise control question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everybody! New member here on the forum, living in Sweden. (Yes, the land of ice and snow!). Guess I will be able to tell a thing or two about how the Leaf handles extreme winter conditions. Placed my order for the fully equipped Leaf 3 weeks ago. Felt instantly when I took a testdrive "This is my next car!". Have never felt such an obsession to get a car, not even my Prius I had some years ago. Will have my Leaf as the households only car and drive it approx. 15000 miles/year. Every day waiting for the car is a true pain, any advice to stand the wait is taken under consideration!

And a question about the cruise control.....Will the car use as much regeneration as possible to keep the desired speed when going downhill when using cruise control? Or will it just let go off the accelerator and i will have to do the regen myself with the brakes? Hope you understand my question and apologies for any bad spelling in my post!

Always missed this function of the CC in my prius.

1st question - yes
2nd question - no

Computerdoctor said:
And a question about the cruise control.....Will the car use as much regeneration as possible to keep the desired speed when going downhill when using cruise control? Or will it just let go off the accelerator and i will have to do the regen myself with the brakes? Hope you understand my question and apologies for any bad spelling in my post!

My feeling is that cruise control only controls your accelerator input for you, pretty much as any basic cruise control on any other car. So, the max regen you will get will be the same as if you let go of the accelerator.
So, in Eco mode you'll get considerable regen, in regular mode much less... On steep hills you'll still have to use brake pedal.

Computerdoctor said:
Hello everybody! New member here on the forum, living in Sweden. (Yes, the land of ice and snow!). Guess I will be able to tell a thing or two about how the Leaf handles extreme winter conditions. Placed my order for the fully equipped Leaf 3 weeks ago. Felt instantly when I took a testdrive "This is my next car!". Have never felt such an obsession to get a car, not even my Prius I had some years ago. Will have my Leaf as the households only car and drive it approx. 15000 miles/year. Every day waiting for the car is a true pain, any advice to stand the wait is taken under consideration!

Back