What vehicle did you trade for your Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrIanB

Just wondering for those people that traded a vehicle for their Leaf what it was?

I traded a 2009 Red Nissan 370Z touring sports package last month for my red Leaf and don't miss it. Already have saved at least $250.00 in gas which I am dumping to my savings account monthly.

God I love my Chili.

Ian B

garygid said:
No trade, kept the 2010 Prius for long 50 mpg trips. Love the LEAF.

Same here, except I kept the 2002 Prius. Also have a 1996 Ford pickup which just sits there waiting for attention. Only attention it receives is other folks who leave messages on it wanting to buy it. Use the pickup to haul junk, mainly ours.

Why trade when you can easily make more money in a private sale? I sold my Type R on craigslist. I got maybe $5K more than trading it in. I miss it however. I probably would have kept it if I have a three car garage.

No trade. I sold my 1999 BMW 328i outright with 150K on it. It was a great car and I do miss it! Bought it on the EDP in Munich and drove it 3,000 miles in Europe over 30 days before BMW shipped it home..

2004 Mazda RX-8. EPA 24 hwy, 18 city, which was somewhat optimistic. Phenomenal handling, and fantastic brakes. But I find I am not missing it. My next sports car will be electric. I fully expect that the capability of electric vehicles will surpass that of comparably-priced ICE vehicles in absolute terms (range, horsepower, acceleration), in my lifetime.

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES with 167,000 miles. It still runs great, and gets 30+ mpg on the highway. I probably would have traded it in a year or two ago if I wasn't trying to wait for a Leaf. I still have four more weeks before my Leaf is delivered.

No sell, No trade: gave my 2004 Mini Cooper to my son(s) to drive until one of them takes it to college. Because of my Leaf, my wife's Expedition now sits in the garage most of the time, saving me LOTS of $$ on gas!

Sold a 2004 Chevy Cavalier, but also downgraded from a 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT to a 2006 Hyundai Sonata that a new driver in the family primarily uses. The LEAF pretty much gets the miles from both the Cavalier and Caravan and the Sonata's miles are "new".

My 1997 Eagle Vision (think, Dodge Intrepid) went on craigslist a few days after the Leaf came home. The very next day, it got massively rear ended in a hit and run. The driver at fault had the "good sense" to kick their injured passenger out onto the curb at the scene of the accident before fleeing. Fortunately, my wife was mostly OK, but, it was night time and rainy and she didn't see anything by the time she gathered herself up and got out of the car. Cops asked the injured passenger who the driver was, and he responds, "No hablo ingles". The cops then ask in spanish who the driver was, and he suddenly can't talk any more.

Imagine that.

So, I sold that crashed out car to the state of California and recouped $1000 of my sales taxes that I had just given them when purchasing the Leaf. I'd rather pay lower taxes than pay people for clapped out cars, but, that's the way the lawmakers here think that they are doing some good, so, what's a guy to do but jump through the hoops and play their bureaucratic games :roll:

Traded a 2004 VW Passat GLX with 70,000 miles. Only got 20 mpg at the best on premium gas. What a difference in fuel saving, quiet and smooth!

I didn't "trade-in" anything on the Leaf, but when my wife decided she wanted one, I effectively traded my Ultima GTR for the Leaf and a 1991 Porsche 911 Carrera Cup car, in a 3-way deal that involved driving to Atlanta, GA. last April.

TT

We will be trading or selling a 2009 Subaru Forester XT. My other car is a small two seater (which needs some work and will eventually be converted to an EV), so the LEAF is going to become our primary family car for myself, wife, and baby. We can always borrow an ICE car from a relative for a long road trip.

Back