Purchase Process

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cristine

I am in the process of reserving and ordering a Leaf. I have a question for those who have been through this process. What does "Rework My Price" mean? Are the dealers actually negotiating the price of the vehicle?

Cristine said:
What does "Rework My Price" mean?
I'm currently in the process, but I don't see that anywhere.
Are you seeing this on your account at nissanusa.com?
If so, in what section do you see it?

Call dealers and negotiate your "deal" (confirmed by email) BEFORE doing the Nissan on-line "Select Dealer and RAQ" process.

That pre-negotiation will usually save you a lot of time.

It's an option that comes up after the dealer submits a response to your "Request a Quote". Nissan put it in there because they assumed that there would be some "back and forth" between customer and dealer before the customer finally accepted a price. In reality, that's not how it works. Half the time, you're lucky to even get to the step that your at -- many dealers just ignore your RAQ if they haven't already worked something out with you in person or on the phone. In addition, if you actually did try that button to get a better price from the dealer, the odds of that happening are slim to none -- 99% of the dealers aren't negotiating on this car. As someone else said, it's best to get a firm deal worked out in person, on the phone, or via email, and then submit an RAQ to that dealer. It's unfortunate, because Nissan went through the trouble of building this nice car buying system, and no one wants to play along and use it!

The on-line system allows you to "easily" GIVE your business to a dealer that satisfies you.

The on-line part of the system is NOT good for negotiating between several dealers.

I called (or emailed, or used their "contact us" on the dealer's web site) about 15 dealers within about a 60-mile radius. I ended up with a "good deal" from a dealer 60 miles away. The nearby dealers were not really interested in going below MSRP.

Many dealers just were not "LEAF savvy" back Aug 2010. However, Fontana Nissan (and a very few others) had "stepped up to the plate" early, learned about the LEAF, and had both good staff and a good dealership.

Back