Hi from Kailua, O'ahu

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akohekohe

I'm not sure I really need a car but I have a PV system and am producing more electricity than I use so I figured maybe an electric car would be fun.

akohekohe said:
I'm not sure I really need a car but I have a PV system and am producing more electricity than I use so I figured maybe an electric car would be fun.

We should all have that kind of problem!!

garygid said:
Welcome,
Sounds ideal, with an "over-active" PV and 40 miles max trips.

I see from your signature you have an EV motorcycle. I've been thinking of getting one. Do you have any suggestions, recommendations?

Mine is an all-electric X-Treme 5000Li (www.x-tremescooters.com) motorcycle with a scooter-style body.

It is not a mo-ped, even though that is how they list it. They call the transmission "automatic", probably because it does not actually have one.

AndyH has a lot of experience riding his - we bought the same model at the same time.

We "instrumented" the battery pack's 21 LiFePo4 cells, adding the ability to use a BMS for good cell balancing while charging. We have cell monitoring (PakTrakr) and I wrote a PC program to log and graph all the cell voltages in real time. I was trying to learn about what EV battery packs need to remain healthy.

My "scooter" is young, but I might be getting a bit old to be riding it in the traffic here.

I added an excellent "trunk", and I have "unused" helmets in 6 sizes, so I could give local people (and kids) rides, but I only did that a few times.

If you are interested, please look at the web site, and then PM me. Mine is blue.

Hawaii seems to be in a perfect storm. All of the major infrastructure providers are entering the market as well as several Auto manufacturers. Nissan considers it an important market too. And it's a great place to live... so jealous

Back