N952JL

Re: Anyone in Georgia?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:48 am

LauraA wrote:This is all very interesting. I live in a small town south of Savannah. My nephew, in Atlanta, has a leaf, and told me that they are very hard to get. I called Vaden Nissan in Savannah, and they had a 2011 white Leaf that was their demo. It had about 600 miles on it, and they sold it to me that same day. They also paid for my charger! Maybe they are expecting a newer demo? I'm not sure. Anyway, I love the care, they have been very helpful, and they have two charges. They also rent out cars (at discount to Nissan owners), so I'll leave my Leaf with them and rent a car for any road trips that I might take. Works for me! Take care, LauraA

I believe Nissan dealers must wait six months before they can sell the demo.

cracovian

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:58 am

LauraA wrote:This is all very interesting. I live in a small town south of Savannah. My nephew, in Atlanta, has a leaf, and told me that they are very hard to get. I called Vaden Nissan in Savannah, and they had a 2011 white Leaf that was their demo. It had about 600 miles on it, and they sold it to me that same day. They also paid for my charger! Maybe they are expecting a newer demo? I'm not sure. Anyway, I love the care, they have been very helpful, and they have two charges. They also rent out cars (at discount to Nissan owners), so I'll leave my Leaf with them and rent a car for any road trips that I might take. Works for me! Take care, LauraA

What kind of a discount off the 2011 MSRP did you end up getting?
2012 LEAF SL - 72K miles (7 bars)
Reserved: 04/20/2010, Delivered: 11/11/11

10.80 kW AC solar array: LG and SunEdison panels on Enphase

dbassett
Delivery Date: 21 Nov 2011
Leaf Number: 5283

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:23 pm

I have noticed charging stations start to show up in metro Atlanta Walgreens. Used one Friday night while waiting to fill a prescription. Saw another today in Buckhead that was not yet on PlugShare. Looks like our family found a new pharmacy.

nogajim
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 22 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3300

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:19 pm

dbassett wrote:I have noticed charging stations start to show up in metro Atlanta Walgreens. Used one Friday night while waiting to fill a prescription. Saw another today in Buckhead that was not yet on PlugShare. Looks like our family found a new pharmacy.

I saw one near me in Gwinnett on Plugshare that wasn't on Carstations. I tried to enter it there, but it didn't seem to take. I have used it a couple of times and it brought them a little business.

There is going to be an Earth Day event on April 14 at Solar Energy USA between Cumming and Alpharetta. They also have a charging station. I wish there were news on the Chademos that Nissan donated to Atlanta.
2011 LEAF SLe delivered June 2011
Status: Lost 1st Bar 6-20-13 17,500 mi. Sold 7-19-2014, 28,700 mi - still 1 bar down
2015 SV delievered 7-19-2014
http://www.evclubsouth.org

rslatkin
Delivery Date: 09 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 015112

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:25 am

I charged at the Walgreens on Dekalb Industrial. It's hard to shop there for long enough to get a good charge, but I'm still glad it's there.

cracovian

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:46 pm

So there are 19 Walgreens charging locations (out of nowhere) in the ATL area all managed by SemaCharge now. All I can say is wow, that was quick and hopefully more will come online since it's never enough :)

On a somewhat related note, Jim Ellis Mitsubishi sent me an email on Saturday stating that my Mitsubishi i is ready for pickup today! Oh, did I reserve one of these things a while back? I guess I did...

The truck has apparently and unexpectedly dropped seven (7) of them in the past couple of days and those people don't even have official charging stations yet :) They have ten other (10) new cars in stock, so it was a big drop indeed.

Since my 6-year old is all into cars and electrics and he loves the i, we decided to go for a test drive. It's not a bad car at all but it's night and day compared to our LEAF. Let's just say that driving my LEAF back felt like a limo ride. For $35K minus my $1K Mitsubishi "voucher" it's way too much especially in contrast to the $35K Evo parked right next to it and the LEAF available for pretty much the same price... The dealer has no clue about leasing rates and there's no discounting going on, so I just don't how it's going to work out for them in the long run... Hopefully, it will find lots of buyers (the more the merrier); it's just not going to be me this time. I hedged my bets and the LEAF had won.

In other Georgia news, I saw Fisker Karma cruising up I-75. I'd definitely trade me LEAF for that...

EdmondLeaf

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:59 pm

cracovian wrote: For $35K minus my $1K Mitsubishi "voucher"

Leaf price with less options on it, and much smaller car

cracovian

Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:12 pm

EdmondLeaf wrote:
cracovian wrote: For $35K minus my $1K Mitsubishi "voucher"

Leaf price with less options on it, and much smaller car

Well, to be fair, $35K includes the premium package (but pretty much essential) which somewhat matches the SL level of equipment and exceeds it in the audio department for sure.

The first thing that I couldn't get over is its dark (almost black) interior and hard plastics all around. There are no other interior options and everything seems so Spartan though the drivetrain is ok. Between 25-50 MPH, this thing has a kick but overall much slower than the LEAF. The other thing (maybe a fatal flaw if normal?) was its highway ride... This thing will not go straight without constant corrections - it had very sensitive steering and no dead spot - I was shocked how unstable and tiring it was to drive on the highway though we know it wouldn't be long anyway :)

cracovian

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Here's today's article about Cobb charging stations with "you know who" in the picture:

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story/18 ... eft_column

EdmondLeaf

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:43 am

cracovian wrote:Here's today's article about Cobb charging stations with "you know who" in the picture:

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story/18 ... eft_column

Great that you can relay on public infrastructure, that is not possible in my case with one public charger and dealers still waiting with their installations. 120V will simply not work for me with 1.5K/month.

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”