N952JL

Re: Anyone in Georgia?

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:03 pm

things have changed in Atlanta since I left in 2000. They turned the HOV lanes into toll roads. I remember when toll roads were not allowed south of the Mason Dixie line. While I would love the tag and of course the exemptions from the toll, it would not do me any good since I don't have the range yet to reach Atlanta. I might have to reconsider once the QC chargers are in place. I wish the government would place QC chargers at every rest area on GA interstates.

cracovian

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:41 pm

I got the call from my dealer today that one of the "recall" parts is in (whatever goes in the front dam) but the the updated owner's manual is still backordered. He told me everything should be in by my next oil change :) I laughed out loud... Old habits don't die easily.
2012 LEAF SL - 72K miles (7 bars)
Reserved: 04/20/2010, Delivered: 11/11/11

10.80 kW AC solar array: LG and SunEdison panels on Enphase

tharcaps
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2011

Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:42 pm

On the "Alternative Fuel Vehicle" plate, I printed the form from the state's website and took it to the Alpharetta Tag Office. The lady had absolutely no idea what it was; I had to explain it to the idiot. She
Eft for five ,inutes to consult others, then returned and said they didn't have any such plate.
I stood there, refusing to break the silence.
She left again, and returned a few minutes later. She told me the tag would be mailed to me and then gave me another temporary plate for the meantime.
One must have the AFV to blow through the HOV lanes.
Atlanta, GA
Reserved: 4/21/10
RAQ: 11/20/11
Ordered: 11/26/11
Carriage Nissan was Great!
Delivery: January 9
Schneider EVLink was Installed by Brooker Electric at a Great Price!
2012 Blue SL
Stop Importing Oil

toasty

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:42 am

^ lol.... typical response at the tag office around here

amtoro
Delivery Date: 05 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5972

Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:30 am

cracovian wrote:The AFV plate is required for single person riding in the HOV lane. If you have a LEAF without one, you'll get a ticket. I decided not to get the special license plate since it was extra and we don't commute that much and alone. I didn't know about the tolls; that sounds really cool.

I thought they had removed the carpooling exemption altogether when they converted the HOV to Toll Road. Initially they had said that it was going to be OK for cars with 3 (no longer just 2) occupants to travel on them without a pass, but then they backed-out and the signs disappeared; only "Peach Pass" signs were there the last time I drove in that direction.
---
2012 Nissan LEAF SL - Brilliant Silver
Delivery: Dec-5/11
Mods: Horn, XPEL paint protection film, AEGIS window film and VSP-off switch

cracovian

Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:58 am

amtoro wrote:
cracovian wrote:The AFV plate is required for single person riding in the HOV lane. If you have a LEAF without one, you'll get a ticket. I decided not to get the special license plate since it was extra and we don't commute that much and alone. I didn't know about the tolls; that sounds really cool.

I thought they had removed the carpooling exemption altogether when they converted the HOV to Toll Road. Initially they had said that it was going to be OK for cars with 3 (no longer just 2) occupants to travel on them without a pass, but then they backed-out and the signs disappeared; only "Peach Pass" signs were there the last time I drove in that direction.

I don't go that way either but if 3 or more occupants are no longer exempted then they'd better update the site (it has all kinds of outdated info, btw):

http://www.peachpass.com/about/exempt-vehicles

cracovian

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:10 pm

What's up with all these new Walgreens charging stations (3-5?) all congragated in East Atlanta out of the sudden? I'm not complaining but I wonder if they're going to spread the love into other areas at all. They were not supposed even open them down here, so I'm just curious if anyone knows anything and where they're going (cost and area-wise)

nogajim
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 22 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3300

Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:14 pm

amtoro wrote:

You have to have a Peach Pass to drive in the HOT lane on I-85 north of the perimeter. If you have 3 or more occupants, you are exempt from tolls, but you still need the Pass. You can change the status of your pass between toll and exempt by calling or using their website or phone app. With an AFV plate on your Leaf, you can register your Pass as always exempt. But you have to have the pass regardless of your status.
2011 LEAF SLe delivered June 2011
Status: Lost 1st Bar 6-20-13 17,500 mi. Sold 7-19-2014, 28,700 mi - still 1 bar down
2015 SV delievered 7-19-2014
http://www.evclubsouth.org

amtoro
Delivery Date: 05 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5972

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:15 am

nogajim wrote:
amtoro wrote:

You have to have a Peach Pass to drive in the HOT lane on I-85 north of the perimeter. If you have 3 or more occupants, you are exempt from tolls, but you still need the Pass. You can change the status of your pass between toll and exempt by calling or using their website or phone app. With an AFV plate on your Leaf, you can register your Pass as always exempt. But you have to have the pass regardless of your status.

Thanks for the clarification, Jim! :D
---
2012 Nissan LEAF SL - Brilliant Silver
Delivery: Dec-5/11
Mods: Horn, XPEL paint protection film, AEGIS window film and VSP-off switch

LauraA
Delivery Date: 07 Mar 2012
Leaf Number: 5787

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:46 am

This is all very interesting. I live in a small town south of Savannah. My nephew, in Atlanta, has a leaf, and told me that they are very hard to get. I called Vaden Nissan in Savannah, and they had a 2011 white Leaf that was their demo. It had about 600 miles on it, and they sold it to me that same day. They also paid for my charger! Maybe they are expecting a newer demo? I'm not sure. Anyway, I love the care, they have been very helpful, and they have two charges. They also rent out cars (at discount to Nissan owners), so I'll leave my Leaf with them and rent a car for any road trips that I might take. Works for me! Take care, LauraA

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”