My Leaf replaces...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends.

If your question is: What car were you driving before you started driving your LEAF, my answer is a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR.

If the question is: What car is no longer in your household as a result of your LEAF coming home, then it's a 2000 Subaru Outback.

My wife got the keys to the Evo... :mrgreen:

My Leaf replaced a 1999 BMW 328I with about 150K on it which a friend purchased. (It was a great car, by the way, and we picked it up in Munich on the European Delivery Plan and put 3,000 miles on it all over the continent.) We plan to keep our Acura MDX though and it will likely be replaced with another ICE vehicle of some kind when the time comes next year...

zigadabooga said:
If you use your Leaf as your main vehicle, like me, what did it replace? (whether or not you kept it)

My wife got the LEAF, I get her Mercury Mariner Hybrid, and the Mercedes c280 goes to the selling block.

Our Leaf replaced a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

civicfront.jpg

2006 Civic Hybrid.....first car that I've owned that never was in the shop since the day I took it off the lot (other than an occasional recall :oops: ). Not that I miss it, love the LEAF!!

2000 Mazda Miata. My first new car and I loved it. But I don't miss it in the least.

2000 BMW 323i. It was a great car ... of all the Bimmers I've owned, it was the perfect balance of handling, ride, and economy. However, it was also the least reliable ... tons of electrical issues, from burned out ignition coils to window regulators. What a blast to drive, though. The newer Bimmers have less road feel, and laggy acceleration due to too much computerization. While I miss my 323i, the Leaf is a completely new dimension in driving. I just wish they'd turn down the steering assist. This thing needs more road feel.

lincomatic said:
2000 BMW 323i. It was a great car ... of all the Bimmers I've owned, it was the perfect balance of handling, ride, and fuel economy. However, it was also the least reliable ... tons of electrical issues, from burned out ignition coils to window regulators. What a blast to drive, though. The newer Bimmers have less road feel, and laggy acceleration due to too much computerization. While I miss my 323i, the Leaf is a completely new dimension in driving. I just wish they'd turn down the steering assist. This thing needs more road feel. RWD would be very nice, too. I wonder if I should convert my '75 2002 into an EV ...

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - which I am still keeping for the icy winters and when I need to haul a trailer or something. I will be driving my Leaf 95% of the time. Currently spending $400-500 a month in gas in the truck and plan on spending $40-60 in electricity. The switch pretty much makes the lease payment. The only additional cost will be insurance.

My LEAF replaced a 1989 Honda CRX HF with 536,000 miles on it. Giving it to my brother to rebuild, so he can use it for a commuter instead of his gas guzzeling Chevy pickup. But I also just bought a 2000 Honda Insight for longer trips. :D

We sold my wife's 1994 Nissan Pathfinder (her first car).
We also sold my wife's 1999 Jeep Cherokee.

We kept the 1999 Nissan Pathfinder which still runs strong as our long distance car.

1995 Honda Accord that went to our niece. Hoping that Suburu comes up with a hybrid someday that we can have to replace our 2nd car 1999 Honda Accord.

OK, I'll play.

The Leaf supersedes our 2006 Prius, which replaced a 2004 Prius and in turn replaced a 1998 Honda EV Plus, as our daily driver but we are keeping the 2006 Prius as our auxiliary and long haul vehicle. Once the Vacaville DC QC is online the Prius will be used even less for long hauls!

The Leaf replaced our 1988 Nissan Pathfinder auxiliary vehicle now sold which for years was only used for the occasional trip to the snow and hauling stuff short distances.

Didn't replace anything. Seemed like the right thing to do. Though it was not the best financial decision I have ever made.

Finally got rid of the 2004 350z Roadster (touring). I had a LOT of fun in that car, but it was time.

My driving since then has been a complete 180°, which my wife now totally appreciates :)

Back