New member and a newbie question.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevelp

Hi all. I have been lurking on this board for a month or so and am planning on ordering a Leaf, if Nissan ever gets the orders filled and starts taking new ones. I am in Florida so I think it will be a while before I will be able to order. Just registered on the Nissan website today so hopefully they will notify me when they start taking new orders. I lied. Actually I have two questions. #1. I am 6'1". Am I going to have problems with head and leg room? #2. Is it worth the extra money to get the SL instead of the SV. I am sure I will have more questions as time passes. Please bear with me.

stevelp said:
Hi all. I have been lurking on this board for a month or so and am planning on ordering a Leaf, if Nissan ever gets the orders filled and starts taking new ones. I am in Florida so I think it will be a while before I will be able to order. Just registered on the Nissan website today so hopefully they will notify me when they start taking new orders. I lied. Actually I have two questions. #1. I am 6'1". Am I going to have problems with head and leg room? #2. Is it worth the extra money to get the SL instead of the SV. I am sure I will have more questions as time passes. Please bear with me.

Welcome, Steve...

I'm not over 6' tall, but many of our 6'+ members report lots of headroom and only one has complained about legroom. I'm 5'9", and I easily have 4 inches above my head to the headboard. The Leaf has almost TOO much headroom, if you ask me!!

As for the SL vs SV question....that depends on personal preference at this point. I like the rearview cam and the auto-headlights. Those two are big for me. The L3 charging port is moot right now because A) there isn't an L3 standard yet, and B) there aren't many L3 chargers out there. Unless you anticipate a NEED for L3 charging, I wouldn't factor that into the equation too much.

Good luck on your decision!! Hopefully, Nissan will open up the reservation list soon!!

Short, medium, or long legs?

Longer legs, short upper body then more headroom.

I am almost 6'2" and have over an inch in front, but MINUS headroom in the back seat.

Welcome.

I want to "e-roam" when QC stations become available, so I got SL+QC, the only way to get the QC Port (factory-only option).

In the SL, the backup TV is nice, with guide lines that even curve as you turn the wheel! Quite nice. But SL+QC is about $900 + $700 ($1600) more than the SV.

But, I am "all in" now!

I've never had a car with as much headroom as the LEAF. I was worried as well because I have a long torso and short legs for my 6'0" height. I have probably 4 inches of headroom left. Two friends of mine about 6'2" have the same amount of headroom. What we did over a year ago was to go to a Nissan dealer and sit in a Versa. It has a very similar look to it as the LEAF although I can't guarantee that the headrooms are the same.

I have plenty of leg and headroom in the LEAF in the front 2 seats. I don't fit well in the back seat. I am just shy of 6' 3", long legs and long torso.

6'1" and found plenty of leg and head room in the front seats. Not so much in the back, could do it in a pinch for a short ride. But will probably never sit there.
Too bad you missed the Florida test drive event in Feb.

Jimmydreams said:
I like the rearview cam and the auto-headlights.

Jimmy, does 'auto-headlights' mean they have sensors to come on automatically at dark? (I know they at least stay on a bit after turning off the car.) On my wife's Corolla, we never have to move the switch.

LEAFfan said:
Jimmy, does 'auto-headlights' mean they have sensors to come on automatically at dark? (I know they at least stay on a bit after turning off the car.) On my wife's Corolla, we never have to move the switch.
Yes, the auto-headlights come on automatically based on a light sensor. They also come on whenever you use the wipers (after about a minute delay).

LEAFfan said:
Jimmydreams said:
I like the rearview cam and the auto-headlights.

Yep, that's exactly what it means. The interior gauges/displays also auto-dim which is an awesome feature.

Back