Buying a used leaf??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasdiver

I expect there have been some long forum threads or informative posts on how to shop for a used leaf. Rather than repeating all of it, can someone point me to the best thread or posted advice on shopping?

I"m starting the process of shopping for a used leaf for my daughter to use mainly as a commuter car to High School. Round trip is 10 miles but with excursions, shopping, visiting friends, going to music lessons and they gym she might hit 30 miles per day give or take. We are in the Vancovuver WA area (Portland metro) and can buy any car within driving home distance of zip 98607. Taxes and registration are the same whether I buy in OR or WA so doesn't really matter. Anything in metro Portland or possibly as far away as Salem would be possible.

This will be our 3rd car in the family. We also have a Highlander and a Prius so for longer road trips she can always swap cars with me or my wife. But I don't want to get an older car that is totally played out.

Budget is in the $10,000 range. Would like a backup camera as she is a new driver. Other goodies are not essential but having bluetooth music and voice interface with an iPhone would be nice to have.

I read in another thread that a member named Leftiebiker posted excellent used car buying advice but I can't find that thread.

Thanks

Yeah, the site search is less than ideal. Sometimes you can do better with Google. Just enter your terms and use the "site" function to narrow the search to mynissanleaf.com:

1TbOONw.png

I would not be as restrictive with the search as Nubo. I use site:mynissanleaf.com and omit the www.

Also, consider using Bing as well w/the same site restriction, in the event Google didn't index the page you wanted.

After you do your research, I highly recommend a trip to Platt Auto Group on McLaughlin in Gladstone. I have bought two Leafs from them now (the first was totaled when a guy T-boned me).They usually have a great selection in stock so you can figure out what's right for you and your daughter. BTW they also have a website so you can check their stock.

This one looks worth your while:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=518617359

Although it's an S model, it has the charge package so your daughter can L3 quick charge.

Other ones here that you might want to check out:

https://bit.ly/2LGOIjT

Good luck!

OP: Longtime MNL member @cwerdna is trying to sell his 11 bar LEAF for ~ $6500. Add shipping to you from N California for ~ $500 and you are still way below budget.

SageBrush said:
OP: Longtime MNL member @cwerdna is trying to sell his 11 bar LEAF for ~ $6500. Add shipping to you from N California and you are still way below budget.

It's an SV with Premium Package (but not Quick Charge, IIRC) and Cwerdna is trustworthy.

I “might” be interested in selling, for a decent price, though most won’t want it. Red 2011 SL, 8-bars, 55,000 mi, tan cloth interior, Chademo port, backup camera, original owner, great condition, always garaged. Located in PNW and can deliver to Portland/Seattle. It’s degraded battery can only get 40-50 mi now, but it still meets my in-town needs and will for many years. I just want others to convert to EV driving and I really want to upgrade to Tesla for road trips.

Back