New owner, E-Pedal

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCMB

First of all thanks to the forum for all the information. Like most owners I did lots of reading before making the decision to move into the EV world and the Leaf. This forum was an excellent source of information, so I've decided I should register and do my part for everybody who is doing the same. (I do fear that I'm becoming a bit evangelical about the thing, and I must be annoying to my friends. I could have sold a few for Nissan, if they had any to sell that is).

I've had my 2019 SL Plus for almost a month (Yes, I was extremely lucky to get one given the current factory/dealer issues) It's very impressive and I have absolutely no regrets about the decision to buy. Range appears to be even better than promised, although I am driving in almost ideal conditions at the moment and a Manitoba winter will take it's toll I'm sure.

The E-Pedal is a fantastic feature! It took me about 2 minutes to get used to and now I drive in that mode in just about every situation. I suspect this combined with eco mode is one of the reasons for my excellent range so far. I do have a question about using the cruise control. Does anyone have any thoughts about whether e-pedal should be turned on or off while using cruise?

If using with cruise control with e-pedal, be ready to apply some accelerator pedal if interrupting the cruise. My e-pedal is set to be left in the on position all the time. However, I'm personally in the habit of using the steering wheel controls to interrupt the cruise so the accelerator reaction is relatively easy and smooth. If in the habit of tapping the brakes to interrupt the cruise it can be difficult to get on the accelerator quick enough before the e-pedal grabs so likely smoother to turn e-pedal off. Also think the speed adaptive cruise control helps the smoothness because much less likely to need to interrupt the cruise. Enjoy your Leaf.

Thanks for the input. Yes, I am getting used to getting on the accelerator a bit before I turn cruise off. Does anyone know of any technical reason not to have the e-pedal on with cruise or is it simply a preference?

Sorry LeftieBiker, I was following the guidance on the index board that this was the place for new owners to introduce themselves and ask a question.

You are right. This board was created by idiots who couldn't conceive of what could possibly go wrong with a new topic for every newbie with a question. Carry on, as I give up.

Back