Bought a 2012 sl leaf with 9 bars

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitrals

Car was initially in Tennessee then Chicago. I am in Chicago. Soh is 68%. This is a spare car for driving 15 miles a day. I will get a level 2 charger at home as I already have a clarity phev that I need to charge every now and then. I left the car for charge for 24 hours on level 1 and the charging lights turned off. However leaf spy only shows soc of 83%. It also only shows 9 l1/l2 charges. Do you guys think the battery was recently reset? Car is in a good shape with katzkin leather seat covers

A 2011 with that few charges is virtually impossible. It almost certainly was reset for some reason or other. Hopefully the 9 bars is real, but it might be more like 8 bars.

Reset of lithium battery controller (LBC) and/or battery replacement by Nissan does not reset DCQC and L1/L2 charge counts (at least it did not on my 2011 when the battery was replaced in October 2013). How many miles on the 2012 car? How many DCQC charge counts? I wonder if multiple control modules were replaced without following proper procedures in Consult 3+ to copy data from old modules. Did the dash display show all 12 SOC bars (long bars) after the L1 charge? If 12 SOC bars, but only 83% SOC on Leaf Spy, then something is wrong.

50k miles. Shows 0 qc and only 7 l1/2 which makes no sense to me. The charge bars show 12 at full charge with hardly any regen for the first few miles. SOC shows around 83%. I have had 4 or 5 leafs but never saw anything like this

Back