What is this leaf worth

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitrals

For those who remember me from a few years ago, I used to get Leafs with 11 to 12 bars in Chicago from auction and sell them. I am currently looking at a 2013 SL with premium package, 9 bars, initially from Cali and then Texas with a build date of 04/13 with 59K miles. The car has a lot of hail and bumpers have been repainted. This is an extra car I am going to keep to drive 10-15 miles a day. Is this car worth 6.5K?

Hard to say due to the damage and only 9 bars but it's an SL so it has CHAdeMO and leather. Maybe you can nudge the price down a bit?

Heck, I'd sell you my 5/2013 built 11 bar '13 SV w/premium just under 65K miles for $6.5K. Leaf Spy SOH had been fluctuating around 82.xx to 83.xx% but today i saw it at 82.10%. It's always resided in the SF Bay Area l and it was a 2 year lease return. I live and work in a warmer part of the SF Bay Area.

I have no hail damage.

For what it's worth, I just sold my 2011 LEAF SL with a replacement battery that was 2 years old with all 12 capacity bars intact for $7,200.

It had upgraded stereo speakers all around with dual bazooka subwoofers, dash cam, tint all around except the windshield, color-matched side molding, upgraded horn, relatively new 12v battery, 67K miles on the car, and 17K on the latest set of Ecopia tires...

I'd say the car's condition was a 9 or a 9+ on a 10 point scale...

And as far as range on the replacement battery goes, Just yesterday we drove it 70 miles on the freeway round trip to Tony's event and back and had two bars left when arriving at home...

Based on the registration the car was in San Diego CA from 2013 to 2016 and then Austin TX from 2016 Nov to May 2019. San Diego has mild weather but Austin can get to 100 degrees in the day. I wish I had the leaf spy data to see if the car just lost the third bar is about to lose the 4th one. Decisions....

mitrals said:
Based on the registration the car was in San Diego CA from 2013 to 2016 and then Austin TX from 2016 Nov to May 2019. San Diego has mild weather but Austin can get to 100 degrees in the day. I wish I had the leaf spy data to see if the car just lost the third bar is about to lose the 4th one. Decisions....
Austin’s climate is anathema to LEAF battery longevity and the 2½ years it spent there did it no favors. Before doing anything, get an OBDII dongle and LeafSpyPro. This less-than-$50 investment will yield a wealth of relevant information to help your decision.

Back