Older Leaf Battery Options

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROWEKMR

I see older 11-12's selling cheap nearby. I assume most have degraded batteries and wanted to know the options for replacing/repairing batteries. I read online the NIssan is replacing batteries, what are the approx. cost? Does anyone else service these batteries?

Thanks

You can buy a new 24 (or in some cases 30kwh) battery from Nissan for about $8500, including installation. You can reserve a pack to rent from Fenixpower, a new startup. Or you can locate a used pack from a newer Leaf (built after 3/2013) and have it installed by an independent shop. Those are all the current options.

LeftieBiker said:
You can buy a new 24 (or in some cases 30kwh) battery from Nissan for about $8500, including installation. You can reserve a pack to rent from Fenixpower, a new startup. Or you can locate a used pack from a newer Leaf (built after 3/2013) and have it installed by an independent shop. Those are all the current options.

Fenixpower has doesn't have a product yet. Beware.

Hey thanks everyone. I was looking online at one at an auction and it seems to have 8 bars left which I know is limited range. I am looking for a car to do a 30-35 miles round trip for now and possibly a 15-20 later with a possibility of getting a charge at the parking garage (halfway) at the latter scenario so was considering a cheap one.

I started another thread on battery options and it doesn't look to good for an upgrade for now.

ROWEKMR said:
I have seen online Nissan is selling a remanufactured battery pack is that only overseas and not here? Or was that false?
I have seen no indications that it's happening in the US at all. AFAIK, it's still Japan only.

Back