Does the Nissan 2015 SL have two batteries?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sequoyahrich333

I am on the verge of purchasing a used 2015 SL Nissan leaf. I did my research and pulled a car fax with the VIN. In the history of the vehicle it says a "new battery" was bought in Nov of 2018. I know this may be a silly question....does the LEAF have two batteries? I am hoping that I somehow lucked out and the previous owner bought the new $5,000 battery and had it installed in 2018. Although, probably what is more likely, is that the previous owner bought a smaller/ less critical battery in 2018. What do u think?

A Leaf has the main traction battery that now costs about $8500 to replace at the dealer and a normal 12V battery that powers the electronics, headlights, etc just like on a regular ICE (internal combustion engine) car. Usually CarFax will report that the 12V battery has been replaced and not the main traction battery.

Goldbrick has it exactly right. Also, a 2015 Leaf would be unlikely to get a new battery, as that version of the traction battery if the most resistant to degradation.

Back