Best settings for motorway driving?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicks

Hi, I'm a new owner. I commute 50 miles each way each day - 100 miles. Range research so far indicates my 2018 model on full charge in temperatures less than 10C has 20 miles left after this with ECO, B and cruise on most of the way. With ECO, B and epedal I have to recharge along the route. Do you have any advice on best settings for motorway use please?

Many thanks.

Turn off B and ePedal modes, and drive in Eco only. B and ePedal work best for stop & go driving, but don't allow the car to coast, which is more efficient than regeneration. This will limit heater output, make the accelerator pedal less "aggressive" and the car will be able to coast a bit more. In Summer, D mode may be better, as it allows more coasting still.

This thread covers about all one needs to know about efficient driving and LEAF: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5508

Vicks said:
Hi, I'm a new owner. I commute 50 miles each way each day - 100 miles. Range research so far indicates my 2018 model on full charge in temperatures less than 10C has 20 miles left after this with ECO, B and cruise on most of the way. With ECO, B and epedal I have to recharge along the route. Do you have any advice on best settings for motorway use please?

Many thanks.
The slower you drive on the motorway, the more range you will get. Just don't block people.

1. Drive ~ 65 mph
2. Rely mostly on seat heating and as little as possible from cabin heating

Triggerhappy007 said:
The slower you drive on the motorway, the more range you will get. Just don't block people.

I’m assuming the OP is in the UK based on the terminology used (“motorway”, distances in miles but temperatures in Celsius). If so, they are quite strict about “fast lane hogs”, or at least more aggressively enforcing it than in North America.

Keeping speed to 60 MPH (which is their max limit for vehicles towing a trailer) instead of the allowable 70 MPH, and staying in the far left (slow) lane would go quite a ways in preserving range. Limiting use of climate control also helps, but there may be limits to that with the UK’s damp cool climate.

Back