Is this a good deal?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alembic42

I have a 2012 Leaf with a crummy battery. Really want to get around town again. By this i mean: my 2012 battery has 9 bars and a SOH of 69.5% roughly.

An Ebay seller is offering me a battery from a 2015 with 45K miles and 12 bars, for $5200 plus shipping. He is offering me $700 for my battery trade in, so a net price of $4500 plus shipping.

Is that a good deal on both ends? Should i buy this battery and resell my own myself? Can i find a better deal on the battery i need?

Thanks all
Rick

NO DO NOT DO THIS....

That is BIG MONEY for a used battery from a junk yard..... That is close to a brand new Nissan installed battery.

Also, you are taking the chance that that battery will never work on your car.

This seller is only handing you the thing and not doing anything for that ridiculous price!!

How much is shipping? The big problem I see is the cost of labor for the swap: you might end up paying the new battery price, or close to it, for the used pack.

Not only is the installation going to cost, but the cost of removal of old battery,

If you are going to open up the car, you should do it with the best parts available so that you will NEVER have to do it again.

I think a junkyard battery should be at the $2000 level.... THEN it MAY be worth it is you know how good the junkyard part is...

I had a friend that put in a junkyard engine into his car, and paid alot to install it. In 1 year, that engine was junk, and he wasted his money...

If you had the the battery and VCM from the same car and put them in your car it should work.

I might pay $5,200 for a whole wrecked 2015 leaf at an insurance auction if the battery and most of the big ticket items were intact.

Back