New Guy In CO

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HRTKD

July of 2017 I sold my '07 Nissan Titan (lots of engine and suspension modifications) and pulled the trigger the same day on a 2015 Leaf S for a good price. I commute to downtown Denver from the suburbs, parking in a garage with charging station access included in the price of parking. I rarely charge at home but I do use 220v there. I've hit the fast charger at the Nissan dealer maybe twice in the past year and only for a few minutes, not a full charge.

The modifications to the Leaf are:
WeatherTech liners for the front seats, back seats and cargo areas.
Wheels, sensors and Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires
Replaced the OEM tires with the same thing on the OEM steel wheels.
Replaced the cheap, flimsy, worthless front license plate holder with one from a Ford Superduty - best mod so far!

For my commute, the Leaf is ideal. My charged range has been a maximum of 121 but it's usually around 110 in the summer. Winter it's no more than 104, often below 100. I don't have LeafSpy yet so I have no idea what the real state of my battery is. All recall/TSB work was performed by the dealer before I was out of the 3/36 warranty. I'm currently at about 42,000 miles.

On the weekends I'll use the Leaf for errands but I'm usually driving my 2017 Ford F-350 CCLB 6.7L SRW 4x4 because the Leaf just can't pull my 11,000 lb RV trailer.

In case anyone reads this thread, is there a definitive post/thread on the Leaf Spy app you can point me to? I'm especially interesting in experience with other ODBII adapters. I already have the "OBDLink OBD2 Scanner MX Bluetooth" adapter that I use with my truck. It be nice if it worked on the Leaf.

This thread seems to be very helpful for choosing a BT dongle. Scroll to the bottom of the thread to see recommended choices.

http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26904&p=541569&hilit=Obdii#p541569

Back