goldbrick
Delivery Date: 01 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 311806

Re: Question about miles

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:42 am

I test drove one then bought a different car about 12 months later with no test drive. The dealer just handed me the keys and said 'bye'....after a few seconds of panic I went into 'rental car mode' to figure out where the controls were until I got it moving. After that, everything was fine.

On my 2017....once it's started and in gear you will have no trouble. To start, just put your foot on the brake and push the button. About the same as any modern car without a regular key.

The gear selector operates by being pulled sideways towards you and push forward for reverse or over and pull back for drive. The parking brake (2017) is push on, push off. Turn signals, wipers, lights, brakes, accelerator are all normal.

I'd ignore the dash displays until you get the hang of driving. There's a lot to learn there and nothing on the dash is required for normal operation as long as you have enough charge to get safely home. The climate control also has a small learning curve but you will figure that out quickly.

Have fun and enjoy the ride. The first trip in an EV can be really exciting.

davewill

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:47 am

BuffaloBillsfan wrote:Just got off the phone. Agreed to flat bed the car but it adds $17 a month to my payments. no miles at least on the car

Honestly, the 400 miles mean nothing. I can't see adding to your payment to avoid that.
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:22 am

Flat bedding is the best. You have no idea how some minimum wage fool drives the car.

I live near Queens.... I would have driven it for less.... LOL

henrydehoja
Delivery Date: 12 Sep 2018

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:50 pm

BuffaloBillsfan wrote:So what I've learned from this is not to wait so long in getting a year end model if you want a specific order. I was lucky to find what I wanted but by then inventory was hard to come by and now the car I want needs to be flatbedded. How hard is it to learn the leaf?

I was in a similar situation when I got mine back in September. I was lucky that they had the trim and color that I wanted. It all worked out.

As mentioned, it's a car, so driving it is not a problem. The learning factor comes in if you want to drive in B mode or using the e-Pedal. I've been driving with the e-Pedal and learned it quickly. B mode is easier to learn, since it doesn't slow the car as aggressively as e-Pedal.

You'll get used to charging it too. Like any car, you learn the ins-and-outs of it over time.
2018 Nissan Leaf S w/QC
Placed in action: 9/2018

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”