emergency brake

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poa1

Hi, new member here with a question about emergency brake. Tow truck driver had to manually release the emergency brake to tow car that would not start or release the brake electronically as usual. (Bad battery) so my owner's manual days to take to dealership but I was wondering if anyone on here has fixed this themselves?

I'm guessing this is for a 2011 or 2012 model? Leafs from 2013 onwards went to foot-operated manual parking brakes (a curious reversal of the trend).

Once you put a new 12 volt battery in, did it start working again? If not, there are videos on YouTube on how to manually release an electric parking brake, though I couldn't find one specific to Leafs or even Nissans in general.

Do you have the 2018 model with the electronic parking brake system?
My 2018 has the pedal type parking brake, but the manual covers both types. There isn't much in the manual for a fix to that type of power loss failure, except that you should visit a Nissan certified Leaf dealer -- as with everything else in the manual.

Back