Just got a used 2015 (3 days ago), it is awesome.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnrate

I just feel good all the time, mostly just because I know I'm not spewing out a cloud of sulfur dioxide and other wonderful things into the air around me. It's just great for the environment in general and great for my wallet too.

I thought I was going to have to wait a lot longer to get an EV but the Leaf hits the sweet spot. I got the 2015 S with 27k miles on it for 12k, 0 down. It was Nissan certified also which is nice (it was at the end of a 2 year lease from 1 owner).

The dealership gave me a copy of the battery test which said it was at 89.94% capacity (which I understand is still pretty good for 27k miles). I generally don't drive more than 10 miles a day so I don't even need to charge it every week :D.

I do have a question which I couldn't find the answer too anywhere. I'm using leafspy and was wondering what the battery would show when you actually stop rolling. Would it go to 0%? It shows a full value of 94.3%, I'm not sure how that relates to the 89.94% from the dealer battery test. What I'm really trying to figure out is how far I could actually go from Miles/%used recorded from several trips. My best guestimates so far are 87-113 total range depending on how conservative I drive and things like highway, lights, blasting AC, etc.

What are some good threads to read too? :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Enjoy at-home fueling with USA electrons. Tell everyone that you know. One at a time, we will conquer the oil devil.

There are 2 different percentages. When you charge the car, one of the screens gives you the % of how much of the battery is "charged". That is what you watch when you drive as the battery is discharges. By the way, if you only drive 10 miles daily, you should not expect to charge it all the way up, and drive it until is almost discharged. When the battery is fully charged or almost discharged, the battery is damaged and does not last for long. What you want is to Fully charge the battery if you are going to drive long distances (30-50 miles). Your best long-term battery life is if you only drive 10 miles daily...... Then keep the battery charged between 40-60%. Charge the car when it hits 40% charge, and charge it to about 60-65%. Then drive a few days, and charge it again when it reaches 40%..

The other "PERCENT" that the dealer was referring to is the percentage of "health" of the battery. On Leafspy, the battery health is measured on the "state of health" or SOH. That shows how much the battery can charge compared to when it was new...

Reddy said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Enjoy at-home fueling with USA electrons. Tell everyone that you know. One at a time, we will conquer the oil devil.
:)

Another nice thing is my electricity plan is supposed to have the money go towards 100% wind power (aside from the carrier costs like line maintenance and such). I know the actual power on the grid is still mixed but at least the money is going somewhere better.

Back