Looking for electrician who can wire up a 240V 50amp outlet for my garage in phoenix area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abhishekb2907

Looking for electrician who can wire up a 240V 50amp outlet for my garage in phoenix area. Got estimate from a 3/4 of guys around 600 to 1000 $. Read in some forums that it should not cost more than $300. Let me know if anyone knows a good electrician who can do the job for the price.

THE SCOPE OF THE WORK AND THE COST DEPENDS ON A LOT OF VARIABLES LIKE THE DISTANCE AND IF YOU HAVE SPACE IN YOUR BREAKER PANEL.

THE INTERNET IS FULL OF EXPERTS. IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE QUOTES THEN THAT IS THE PRICE. AS A HOMEOWNER IN CALIFORNIA I DID MY OWN WORK. I COULD NOT DO IT FOR YOU WITHOUT AN ELECTRICIANS LICENSE BUT HERE THE HOME OWNER (NOT RENTER) CAN DO THE WORK.

I'm not suggesting fraud is rampant, but I suspect some electricians that haven't previously done EVSE installs over estimate to cover their bases.

Try getting a quote for a "dryer" outlet - a NEMA 14-30R, which requires a 30A breaker. You can safely charge up to 24A on that circuit, which is really close to full rate anyways. Don't say anything about charging an EV, just tell them you want to put a new dryer in your garage.

Have you already purchased an EVSE? If not, you'll want to get one with a 14-30P to match the dryer outlet. Make sure it has selectable amperage settings, so you can choose 24A.

$300 would be with the main panel inside within 6' of where you want the outlet.
Your estimates are probably correct.

Anyone recall the original Aerovironment estimates back in 2011 through Nissan?
My estimate for install was $1,200 (+ evse and permit) and the NEMA 10-50 connector WAS ALREADY THERE.
Yea I passed on that.

You might be interested in my Amazon review of a Siemens EV charger and how it took just 18 minutes (I timed him) for the electrician to install a drier plug (just below my breaker box) and the charger. If you have the same set-up, it is a piece of cake to do. I paid $150, which was for a few parts and the minimum one hour charge.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1BXORV8FSQ7D3/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00MFVI92S

Back