2012 Leaf. Cold Air Blowing.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goz83

Hi everyone. First time poster, based in Ireland.

I have a 2012 Acenta (mid spec) and a 2014 Tekna (top spec), so we are a 2 EV house. Purchased the 2014 in March and loved it so much that in May, we purchased a bargain 2012 with 11 bars in great condition for €5,000 (about 2k less than the next cheapest car). No regrets, but the 2012 Leaf is blowing cold air only and in the damp, rainy weather, the windows are getting pretty misty. We never used the heat, so probably bought it this way (private sale). I noticed when turning on the heat to clear the windscreen yesterday and I turned the dial up to 30 degrees C, but nothing. Tried a few minutes later and again near the end of the trip.....nothing.

So far, I have done some research and common problems point to

1) The PTC heater
2) The thermostat
3) The DC to DC junction box

I downloaded Leaf Spy Pro and ran a DTC test. The car was powered up with the heat A/C at max temp, with medium fan speed. Car was not plugged in. I got the following:

IMG_3119.png

The one that jumps out is >PB1B4 00C1 EV/HEV CAN Error EVC-279

As far as I can find, this says that there is an error signal from AV control unit via CAN communication, but I don't know what that actually means. Can anyone understand the read-out, or point me in the right direction?

Back