Reverse Interior sound (Not VSP?)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsky227

I have a 2013 Leaf SL. I want to make a distinction between two sounds. One is the beeping sound the car makes when its put in reverse to warn pedestrians. This seems to be an outside-of-the car sound. The other is a more like an alarm - loud and steady - when it seems that I'm close to hitting something. This seems to be more of an inside-of-the-car sound.

What's this inside-of-the-car sound/warning called? Is it VSP? Something different?

Can I temporarily disable it? Turn it off? Turn down the volume?

Why? I've installed a sport trailer hitch and sometimes put in a bike rack. When the bike rack is installed... every time I put the car in reverse.. this alarm... inside-of-the-car sound goes off. I want to disable this when the bike rack is installed... and then enable it when the bike rack is not installed.

Any thoughts?

Weird, I thought only the VSP makes a beep noise like that when backing up.

To be sure it's a different warning system, you could use Leaf Spy Pro to disable the VSP temporarily to see if the other beeping still occurs.

Perhaps it's a proximity sensor of some kind? If you have the all around view camera system, it could be related to that. I don't have the cameras, so I've never got to play with that...

Live with it for the few times that you have bicycles on and go in reverse... Sounds like a minor inconvenience to need to go through the trouble of making changes.

LeftieBiker said:
I have around view and know of NO proximity sensor. I get very close to objects and get no warning.
Ditto.

I've had two '13 with Around View Monitor: my former '13 SV w/both packages and my '13 SV w/premium only (current car). I've never used anything (e.g. Leaf Spy) or otherwise to disable any noises. I've also test driven Leafs several times before leasing and owning.

OP, did you buy the car used? If so, the previous driver may have added whatever is producing the interior noise.

Any solution to this? I also have a sound in addition to the VSP Reverse Sound (which I can turn off through LeafSpy). The other is qn interior reversing beep (just like a truck).

I have a 2015 Leaf X, imported from Japan.

These videos clarify the beeps that we (with Japanese imported vehicles) have.
And it's not a proximity issue - it does the same on a totally empty carpark.

Interior Reversing sound that can not be turned off via LeafSpy Pro:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/909zchAtcGE[/youtube]

Exterior Reversing Sound that can be turned off via LeafSpy:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/vZK74nUJl48[/youtube]

Back