Hello from ChargePoint!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamChargePoint

Hey everyone, Team ChargePoint here!

We’ve recently joined the community and we're thrilled to be here taking part in the discussions around EVs!

If you’re not yet familiar with ChargePoint, we’re the world's largest electric vehicle charging network. You’ve probably seen our charging spots around town, but you might not know we offer charging for homes, apartment complexes and condos, too.

We’re here to be a resource to everyone looking for advice, informed opinions, information about EV charging and all the new and exciting things happening in this space.

Looking forward to joining the conversation and can’t wait to meet you all!

- Team ChargePoint

Good morning. The local mall manager Ian's i will be having a meeting in mid September reference adding level 2 charging facilities in the parking area. I would be interested in any help you can provide in the the following areas.

1). Presentation
2). Cost benefit to the mall.
3). Equipment recommendation for a 4 station system expandable to 6 or 8.
4). Infrastructure required.
5). Estimated costs based on past projects.

This installation would be in a small town of 75000 people in British Columbia Canada.

Thank you.

John.

webeleafowners said:
Good morning. The local mall manager Ian's i will be having a meeting in mid September reference adding level 2 charging facilities in the parking area. I would be interested in any help you can provide in the the following areas.

1). Presentation
2). Cost benefit to the mall.
3). Equipment recommendation for a 4 station system expandable to 6 or 8.
4). Infrastructure required.
5). Estimated costs based on past projects.

This installation would be in a small town of 75000 people in British Columbia Canada.

Thank you.

John.
Questions 3-5 The electrical would have to be quoted from as approved electrical contractor. (EVITP certified)
Questions 1&2 As far as equipment you can approach https://www.chargepoint.com/
and https://flo.ca/
Both of these companies have L2 equipment in our area of Van isle and work well
If dcfc is the choice than try these people http://greenlots.com/
If its Tesla supercharger, call Elon :D

How can EV owners help Chargepoint fill in the gaps for EV travel? The ones that come to mind are the areas of Ca between LA and the bay area. Their has been a need for years between LA and Bakersfield? This areas with it's link between LA and the bay area has to be a high need, yet the network has not filled into this area. The other area of need is north of the bay area to the Oregon boarder.
Thank you for the interest in this Forum I hope we can help each other in the formation of a working network of charging stations for EV use.

Just curious if you guys can push free stations versus huge rip-off charge stations to those installing them. I have seen way too many businesses (not just using CP hardware) that think they can make a huge profit from charging and then bump the cost up. But then nobody uses it, and they say all EV's are failures.

I will not pay to charge outside my house unless it is a DCQC station and even then, I'd rather just take the Prius or RX450h. But I do go out of my way to visit stores, plazas, and malls that have installed free charging stations. The station I use the most is a CP station that is free at a local IMAX theatre complex. Because of the charger, I receive 60 cents to 80 cents on average of free commercial grade electricity. From that I spend $50 on a tub of popcorn and movies, or simialrly on restaurants, etc. If that charger costs me even 50 cents to use, I am not driving 10 miles out of way to purposefully use it and patronize that area.

2k1Toaster said:
Just curious if you guys can push free stations versus huge rip-off charge stations to those installing them. I have seen way too many businesses (not just using CP hardware) that think they can make a huge profit from charging and then bump the cost up. But then nobody uses it, and they say all EV's are failures.

I will not pay to charge outside my house unless it is a DCQC station and even then, I'd rather just take the Prius or RX450h. But I do go out of my way to visit stores, plazas, and malls that have installed free charging stations. The station I use the most is a CP station that is free at a local IMAX theatre complex. Because of the charger, I receive 60 cents to 80 cents on average of free commercial grade electricity. From that I spend $50 on a tub of popcorn and movies, or simialrly on restaurants, etc. If that charger costs me even 50 cents to use, I am not driving 10 miles out of way to purposefully use it and patronize that area.
+1
I'll also go out of the way to visit stores that have free charging. Case in point, HyVee in my market. They are further away than other grocery options in my market but they all have free Chargepoint charging, basically the reason I got my Chargepoint card. Because of this I don't think twice about shopping the 2 HyVee's that are within 10 miles of me. I generally shop ~1hr which gives me ~5.5kwh's of charge on my S w/charger package, more than enough to make up for the charge used in traveling. I also like it when pay parking ramps have free L2 charging although many I've been to seem to be always in use, especially in ramps where people park all day and don't have the courtesy to unplug and move after their charge is done.

Wondering if ChargePoint is still poo-pooing Tesla's charging network? That's the reason I canceled my ChargePoint account.

speedski97 said:
How can EV owners help Chargepoint fill in the gaps for EV travel?

Very easily, and we would love to help get stations near you, or in places you find them lacking. Just fill out our station request form (http://bit.ly/stationrequest) and we'll try to get in touch with the right people to make it happen!

TeamChargePoint said:
speedski97 said:
How can EV owners help Chargepoint fill in the gaps for EV travel?

Very easily, and we would love to help get stations near you, or in places you find them lacking. Just fill out our station request form (http://bit.ly/stationrequest) and we'll try to get in touch with the right people to make it happen!

I have a hard time filling out the form because not only does it apparently ask for the business owner's name and phone number but also his email address. Some people around here still don't have an email address. Like ol' man Newberry before he died (perfect location for a charging station for me would be the Newberry store).

Hello Charge Point,

I am very happy to see your presence in this forum. I have been using your network for almost 3 years now, and consider your public presence to be one of the most positive forces out there to help advertise and introduce the EV lifestyle to our country.

I appreciate that you would like to get more chargepoint stations, as I would love to see them all over and use the stations EVERYWHERE.... Your interest in getting new businesses and organizations to become network members is the KEY to the future of electric vehicles.

However, I think that your business model of asking the public to request stations is not the most efficient. We as consumers really cannot be referring business to you because the businesses themselves may not even know that these things exist, and not understand the benefits of charging stations.

I think that you ALREADY have a major group that is interested in helping you and will directly benefit by your success.... And that group is US, the current EV drivers who understand the benefits of your charging stations. In effect, WE can be the soldiers in our fight to popularize the electric cars and the mainstream charging station presence in our country.

I would STRONGLY request that your company share the details of how a business installs your charging stations. In addition, please give us a printable flyer that we, the consumers could share with all the businesses, offices, parks, schools, churches, gas stations, etc. If the consumers who work, shop, worship, or frequent would ask these places for the charging stations, I am sure that you will get a fantastic response if we had printed information for them to inquire about your services.

I have many ideas to share in the future, if you would like to continue contact, please private message me.

Again, thank you for your very needed and appreciated services.....

powersurge said:
Hello Charge Point,

I am very happy to see your presence in this forum. I have been using your network for almost 3 years now, and consider your public presence to be one of the most positive forces out there to help advertise and introduce the EV lifestyle to our country.

I appreciate that you would like to get more chargepoint stations, as I would love to see them all over and use the stations EVERYWHERE.... Your interest in getting new businesses and organizations to become network members is the KEY to the future of electric vehicles.

However, I think that your business model of asking the public to request stations is not the most efficient. We as consumers really cannot be referring business to you because the businesses themselves may not even know that these things exist, and not understand the benefits of charging stations.

I think that you ALREADY have a major group that is interested in helping you and will directly benefit by your success.... And that group is US, the current EV drivers who understand the benefits of your charging stations. In effect, WE can be the soldiers in our fight to popularize the electric cars and the mainstream charging station presence in our country.

I would STRONGLY request that your company share the details of how a business installs your charging stations. In addition, please give us a printable flyer that we, the consumers could share with all the businesses, offices, parks, schools, churches, gas stations, etc. If the consumers who work, shop, worship, or frequent would ask these places for the charging stations, I am sure that you will get a fantastic response if we had printed information for them to inquire about your services.

I have many ideas to share in the future, if you would like to continue contact, please private message me.

Again, thank you for your very needed and appreciated services.....

Sure thing! We offer tons of information on our website, including information you can download and print!

Because we offer a wide range of resources for businesses (and by business type), you'll want to head to our business page first. https://www.chargepoint.com/businesses/industries/ From there, you can find information depending on the business type and don't miss those "learn more" buttons within each section - they offer printable resources too!

We also have installation guides and data sheets available on our website: https://www.chargepoint.com/support/guides/

If you need further help, our team is available via phone and email as well! https://www.chargepoint.com/support/

TeamChargePoint said:
Hey everyone, Team ChargePoint here!...
When will ChargePoint start...and FINISH installation of the DC stations along the I-5 corridor In North California, funded by the CEC ~ a year and a half ago.

And what is the schedule for completion of the ChargePoint DC stations on the other corridors shown on this map?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1VEJLK0-wcAhWV8Q0MirTLULd5mg&ll=36.0280260986414%2C-120.50952286874997&z=6

edatoakrun said:
TeamChargePoint said:
Hey everyone, Team ChargePoint here!...
When will ChargePoint start...and FINISH installation of the DC stations along the I-5 corridor In North California, funded by the CEC ~ a year and a half ago.

And what is the schedule for completion of the ChargePoint DC stations on the other corridors shown on this map?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1VEJLK0-wcAhWV8Q0MirTLULd5mg&ll=36.0280260986414%2C-120.50952286874997&z=6

Hello!

Regarding the CEC grant, we have information here (http://bit.ly/chargepoint-cec), and the 2018 completion date stated there is the timeline you can expect. However, we'll share more information as soon as we can! Though, at this stage, the best way to stay informed is to either subscribe to our blog, follow us on Facebook, or check our press news regularly, here: http://bit.ly/chargepointnews :)

aarond12 said:
Wondering if ChargePoint is still poo-pooing Tesla's charging network? That's the reason I canceled my ChargePoint account.

You can use ChargePoint to supplement Tesla stations when charging a Model 3 (or Model S, or Model X), which are often free to use. However, we respect that every EV driver may have a preference in charging, too! You'll find that when you use the ChargePoint app you'll be able to locate not only ChargePoint stations but also Tesla stations near you!

I also wanted to share with you this article from InsideEVs: ChargePoint Releases Tesla Model 3 Charging Primer, 80% Of Tesla ChargePoint Charges Have Been Free http://bit.ly/2y7F0wQ

Hello chargepoint and thanks for joining the forum. I wonder if you could shed some light on why there is such an absence of charge facilities on the corridor from LA to Vegas. It would seem this is a route that could benefit greatly from dense coverage.

Thanks again.

John and Angela.

webeleafowners said:
Hello chargepoint and thanks for joining the forum. I wonder if you could shed some light on why there is such an absence of charge facilities on the corridor from LA to Vegas. It would seem this is a route that could benefit greatly from dense coverage.

Thanks again.

John and Angela.

That's a great drive! Have you recently requested stations for any of the locations that you would find helpful along the route?
Here is our station request form http://bit.ly/stationrequest

If you'd like to share a few spots with our team using our form, we'll try to get in touch with the right people!

TeamChargePoint said:
webeleafowners said:

Thanks again.

John and Angela.

That's a great drive! Have you recently requested stations for any of the locations that you would find helpful along the route?
Here is our station request form http://bit.ly/stationrequest

If you'd like to share a few spots with our team using our form, we'll try to get in touch with the right people!

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't know the towns along the route very well as we only travel it a few times a year. However there is always a ton of traffic on the road and from what I can tell not to much in the way of charging oportunities. Maybe someone else can chime in here with a few suggestions.

I used a chargepiont station for the 1st time over the labor day weekend up by Hogle zoo in Salt Lake city, Utah. I don't like using public charging station usually because of the "I want it and i want it free" mentality of most other EV owners and the people who block the stations with their ICE vehicles.

I charge at home and only. I'd use a charging station if I need to and avoid them aw much as i can. i don't do it for a freebie that I don't need... though I do agree with the gentleman who talked about the movies offering charging.. totally true,, they make in a couple of hand fulls of popcorn what my car could pull in charge during a movie. so i get that.

I even looked up chargepiont to see about upgrading to their home station but i ended up going in the OpenEVSE.. had i not been a geek I'd have gone for the wifi home model with the $100 discounted price.

Glad they are watching us. Lets be nice to them. they are not making a killing on us selling stations.

DuncanCunningham said:
Glad they are watching us. Lets be nice to them. they are not making a killing on us selling stations.

I agree. It's good they are here. And EV drivers know best where charging stations are needed. I think having us send requests for businesses is a clever way to intelligently deploy a network. I just hope that it's not their only method (and I doubt it is).

Back