Buying leafs for my nonprofit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hjc212

Hi - I'm in the market for one or more used leafs for use at our nonprofit (www.peacehavenfarm.org). We need them to transport folks for a new vocational program we are starting in the fall. We have almost 30KW of PV at the site and a level 2 charger that was recently donated to us - just need some EVs to take advantage of it! Range is not a huge deal so batteries with couple of bars gone would not be too big a deal. Fast charging would help though. Looked at a decent priced 2013 S with 35K and the dash was showing time to 100% charge for 3KW and 6KW at 1:30 hours - does that mean its a 3.6kw onboard charger? Thanks for your help.

If the battery is close to full charge the remaining charge time for 3.3 kW and 6 kW will be about the same. If an S model has the DCQC port in addition to the normal charge port, then it has the 6 kW onboard charger. Perhaps someone with an S model can confirm, but I think it will only show remaining charge time for L1 (120 volts) and 3.3 kW L2 if it does not have the quick charge package.

hjc212 said:
Looked at a decent priced 2013 S with 35K and the dash was showing time to 100% charge for 3KW and 6KW at 1:30 hours - does that mean its a 3.6kw onboard charger? Thanks for your help.
No. If it shows 3 times: 120 volt, 240 volt 3 kW and 240 volt 6 kW, it should have the "6.6 kW" OBC.

If it is an 2013+ S trim w/the CHAdeMO inlet, it will have the "6.6 kW" OBC and should have the above 3 times.

See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=433513#p433513 for a pic of my '13 SV WITHOUT CHAdeMO inlet and a pointer to a pic of a car with it.

Do keep in mind that on the EPA range tests, on a new battery, a '13 to 15 Leaf (have 24 kWh batteries) achieve 84 miles on a new battery on a full charge. As they degrade, their range autonomy gets worse.

If you want to buy a '13, you should probably buy one built 4/2013 or later (on driver's side door sticker) and one that didn't reside in a hot climate. Or, buy a one, esp. a pre-4/2013 that resided in a hot climate w/say 3 bars gone. If you can get the 4th to go away before the 5 year/60K capacity warranty expires, you can get a free replacement battery.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/seattle-nissan-leaf-owners/a-guide-for-buying-a-used-leaf/1100737373291032/ may help.

Back