Hello, thinking about a Leaf, dealer question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenTheRighteous

Hi all, I'm in Raleigh, NC and thinking about hopping on board the Leaf train by buying new.

I've gotten in touch with some dealerships, but they don't seem very motivated to move inventory. Even when I point out that no one will buy their 2016s when the 2017s beat them on price, the response is "oh well, that's just the way it is right now."

Is this a regional thing? I see other posts on here that make me think dealers are falling over themselves to get rid of Leafs in other parts of the country.

NC, Isn't it the state that banned selling Tesla ?
Much of the Leaf slow sales are caused by expectation of Tesla 3 in the rest of the country.

Yes, it is very much a regional (and local) thing. Here in Eastern WA, we never get good deals on any vehicle. Head over to Seattle/Portland and there is more competition and better pricing (not just EVs).

If you're in NC I'd look at buying a used Leaf from GA. They are dirt cheap there since many sold due to their EV credit that has since been axed. If your dealers won't play ball then take advantage of the deals available not too far away.

Got it, thanks all for the insight!

Interesting thought, buying from GA. I bet we couldn't make the trip on one charge... I'll have to check out where the charging stops are along the way, but that will be an educational effort!

For what it is worth, last month I purchased my used 2015 Leaf from:

JRS AUTOBUYERS
1325 Union Hill Industrial Ct #C
Alpharetta GA 30004
770-751-9701
Raymond Strack.
jrsautobuyers.com
[email protected]

I was amazed at the price I paid as well as the honesty of Raymond Strack. Other than being a happy and well satisfied customer I have no other connection to Ray. :D

Back