New Leaf Owner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoiseMark

Hi all,

My wife and I have been interested in getting a Leaf for years! Over a year ago we finally went and took one for a test drive, but we were still not ready.

Then recently, we started looking again as things had changed and just last Monday, bought a 2013 SL with 13k miles.

We can tell from the Carfax that it was a 3 year lease in New York, and everything on it seems like new.

I was pretty open to specs and colors, but preferred red. My wife was very specific that she wanted red.. and well, the right one showed up at the right price.

On Monday we're having a new 240 socket installed in our garage, really looking forward to faster charging times, as this is our primary vehicle now.

So glad to be here and looking forward to learning and eventually contributing more! :)

Mark

Leaf.jpg

Welcome to the EV club!

BoiseMark said:
On Monday we're having a new 240 socket installed in our garage, really looking forward to faster charging times, as this is our primary vehicle now.
Are you having an EVSE installed in your garage, or just a 240V receptacle? The standard EVSE that comes with the leaf is 120V only. If you want to use it at 240V, you will need to have it modified, see http://evseupgrade.com/

Man, I'm late to responding!

After having it 3 months, love, love, love it!

Our dealer gave us a dual 120/240 charger that has an adapter, and works great at both levels!

Mark

Back